We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on bags

1 post
Save Topic
Carry on bags

Hello my name is Peggy, I will be flying Southwest Airlines soon and I was wondering is there a certain measurement your carry on bag needs to be ? Thank you for any help I can get.

11 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry on bags

Google is your friend..

LMGTFY

https:/…index.html

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,741 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry on bags

Peggy

Welcome to TA - It would have been quicker to just look at the Southwest website to get the answer but I'll save you the trouble

https:/…

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,027 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry on bags

you could of course bring a huge cabin trunk weighing 50 kilos, but i doubt that it would pass the allowances shown on the swa website. if you succeed, please let us know so we can answer such questions for other posters.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carry on bags

Don't be unkind to the lady! she was asking an innocent question.. maybe she didn't know about the Southwest website

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,741 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carry on bags

maybe she didn't know about the Southwest website - Very unlikely as that's the only place to buy Southwest tickets.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,956 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carry on bags

People often look for the weight dimension, and it is not listed. Unlike many countries, the US doesn't limit weight in carryon. You should be able to lift it yourself if you are able-bodied.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,679 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carry on bags

I just don't understand. Sorry. Why wouldn't anyone think to look on the website of the airline they are flying with to find out information about carry on luggage?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,027 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carry on bags

and after all, they would have had to look at the website to book their flight anyway !

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,855 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carry on bags

Why look when you can ask.

Level Contributor
231 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carry on bags

Maybe Peggy had someone else purchase the ticket online?

However Peggy found out enough online about TA to create a profile and post on the forum so would stand to reason she would be internet savvy enough to find the answer for her own question.

But would have to agree with #9

Edited: 1:41 pm, June 12, 2018
Reply to: Carry on bags
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted