We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

all

We all have great airline experiences (most), and some bad ones (few). This one is about a deplorable one.

Spain and Portugal seem great places, except for the experience I explain below.

We left Edinburgh Scotland on 4 June, and are now in Lisbon, Portugal, via Brussels, Madrid, San Sebastián and Porto.

We have not seen our suitcases since we left Edinburgh. We have two weeks until we return to Australia. Not ideal.

We traveled from Edinburgh on Brussels Airlines, with a connection to air Iberia in Madrid. We checked in with Brussels Airlines in Edinburgh, with two Brussels airlines boarding passes issued, one from Edinburgh to Brussels, the other from Brussels to Madrid. We were told that we would need to collect our suitcases in Madrid and recheck on air Iberia for our flight to San Sebastián.

On presenting on time at the gate in Brussels, we were not allowed to board even though we had valise boarding passes.

En route from Edinburgh to Brussels, someone from Brussels airlines (star alliance) decided to transfer us, without our permission, from a Brussels airlines flight from to an air Iberia (one world) flight.

We have not seen our suitcases since Edinburgh, eight days ago.

We have called both airlines daily, and we have been told that they are ‘looking into it’, without anyone telling us where our suitcases are.

Apologies for a tale of woes, but someone told us to tell the story as widely as possible. I have no idea who this message is going to. Any advice would be appreciated.

We hope you are all enjoying your own travels, as most places, things and airlines work well.

However, our intention on returning to Australia is to advise family, friends and work colleagues to avoid this part of the world and these two airlines.

8 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

some questions

where did you book your tickets? (I assume there are separate tickets involved)

when you checked in at Edinburgh, what was the destination on your baggage tags? what were your flight numbers?

It sounds bizarre that they would change your flight.for no reason

Where did you raise your PIR..with Iberia in Madrid?

You should have a worldtracer reference to be able to check the status of the file - when you phone, they will look up the same file that you can see so probably little benefit. Check the description of the baggage is correct (if the tags have become detached then they will be searching by description only)

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

"via Brussels, Madrid, San Sebastián and Porto."

That is a very convoluted route. Is that what you originally booked? Or I’d this also a consequence of something the airlines did?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,576 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

I think they meant they flew from EDI - MAD - EAS (SAN SEBASTIAN) and after a few days went to Porto (I think)

I don't think that Brussels Airlines who are not partners with Iberia, would change your flight. Also would like to know who booked this trip with. Sound like something an OTA cobbled together.

Does not mean that they would not interline bags of course. More detail and less flannel needed here.

>However, our intention on returning to Australia is to advise family, friends and work colleagues to avoid this part of the world and these two airlines.<

So you would avoid a part of the world because an airline misplaced your bags?

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
194 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

>someone from Brussels airlines (star alliance) decided to transfer us, without our permission, from a Brussels airlines flight from to an air Iberia (one world) flight.<

That would be highly unusual for them to rebook you onto another airline/alliance that I don't think they normally codeshare with. What were your original flight numbers, and how was this all booked (travel agent, online booking coming like Expedia, etc)?

>On presenting on time at the gate in Brussels, we were not allowed to board even though we had valise boarding passes.<

Why did they refuse you boarding, and how did the situation become resolved (since you at some point left Brussels)?

I think there is more to the story here.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

Brussels airlines bag tags Edinburgh to Brussels BE942220. Brussels Airlines bag tags SN005520 and SN00510 from Brussels to Madrid. Changed by handwriting to IB3203 by air Iberia in Brussels.

PIR EASIB57014. Followed up many times by all hotels.

We booked our tickets in Melbourne, Australia some months ago. We had Brussels Airlines tickets from Edinburgh to Madrid via Brussels; and air Iberia tickets from madrid to San Sebastián.

We raised our PIR with Air Iberia in Madrid.

We have given a copy of our PIR to all of our hotels for the last nine days, and they have been following up for us.

Would I not travel somewhere in the world just because an airline list a bag? No. Context, it is not about list bags. It is about:

- 9 days without bags, and not being told by two airlines (different alliances) that ‘we will see what we can do’

- Australia to Edinburgh took us 36 hours. We have so many travel options in Asia within easy reach of Australia. We have been to many and have many more to go. They are 6-8 hours away, much less costly, same great experience at the other end, but no airline who treats us like this. As they say, no brainer. Our recommendation is only to Australians. There are only 20 odd million of us, so I am sure that no europran airline willl care about our little recommendation.

We just think it would be nice if these airlines would give us what we own and they promised to carry for us, for a decent price.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,996 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

Were these your flights?

On 4th June, SN2206 from EDI to BRU arrived 6 minutes late at 8.46am. Your connecting flight was to have been SN3721 which departed at 9.33am (scheduled departure 9.25am). That's a very tight connection.

https:/…EBBR

https:/…LEMD

IB3203 was the next available flight from BRU-MAD which departed at 12.01pm (scheduled departure 12 noon) and arrived at 2.32pm (scheduled arr 2.25pm).

https:/…LEMD

You said that you were handed other boarding passes at the boarding gate in BRU. That sounds like an oversell situation or some other irrops that required someone (you) re IDB'd (involuntarily denied boarding). Either that or the connection was so tight that you missed flight closure.

In any case, did anyone from Brussels Airlines or Iberia ask for your bag tags when you were rebooked? They should have done to ensure that they were matched to your "new" flight and made it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

>> We raised our PIR with Air Iberia in Madrid <<

>> PIR EASIB57014 <<

For some reason the file appears to have a San Sebastian reference rather than a MADIB reference. If the final destination for the baggage was MAD, a San Sebastian report may not 'match' in the system.

Worldtracer is a matching system where missing bag files are matched with found bag files based on description, routing etc, the bag was not tagged to EAS so it may not be obvious that a bag tagged to Madrid was the same bag in the EASIB report

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines

Thank you all for your assistance. I have found this more specific feedback to be very helpful, certainly much better than the 'we will look into it' generic messages recieved from the airlines over the last 10 days.

Our Brussels Airlines flight from Brussels to Madrid (the one we were not permitted to board despite arriving on time with valid boarding passes) was SN3721. The Air Iberia flight that Brussels Airlines changed us to while we were in the air between Edinburgh and Brussels was IB 3203.

I have now probably asked you as much as Ican, and you have probably given me as much as you can, so I will stop now, and look to pursue this through our travel agent on our return to Australia.

I highly recommend Broome in Western Australia as a great travel destination, where the locals look after you, and your luggage arrives.

Thank you all.

Reply to: Air Iberia and Brussels Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted