We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
586 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon

Prefer not to use TAP

Have thought of flying to Rome and back track to Lisbon

Then backtrack cheap airline to Rome where we get on a cruise.

So this is a one way. Home by cruise.

All airline suggestions appreciate

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon

I don't see WHERE (in the U.S.) you want to fly from (if it's Miami to Lisbon, there is only TAP, at least directly), but if I understand correctly you want to visit Lisbon and end up in Rome from where (actually not Rome but Civitavecchia) you will be cruising "home".

If you have flights with an airline you like between wherever you want to depart from and Rome, then it would not be a bad idea to fly directly there, leave the cruise luggage somewhere, and then fly to Lisbon and back with Ryanair, You certainly wouldn't want to be taking cruise luggage on Ryanair.. Anyway, Ryanair is the only no-frills airline that flies between any Rome airport (Ciampino) and Lisbon, the only other airline connecting these cities is TAP (using Fiumicino). So whether you fly into Lisbon with someone else or get there from Rome, these are the only 2 airlines available between Lisbon and Rome (for direct flights, at least)

Although you can always check on skyscanner for indirect possibiities, e.g. Vueling via Barcelona. As you could from your departure airport to Lisbon, for that matter.

Edited: 8:38 pm, June 10, 2018
Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,956 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon

You can fly United to Lisbon and then connect to Rome.

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
586 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon

Thank you. I will try those routes today.

I appreciate suggestion about leaving luggage in Rome. Definitely good idea. Only question is taxi to hotel to drop luggage and back to airport to get ryanair. Very 👍 good idea.Will check further today.

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
586 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon

Good idea. I will check this out. Easier than going to Rome And backtracking.

Reply to: Best way to fly to rome.with stop in lisbon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted