We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TUI Online Select Your Seat

Teesside
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
TUI Online Select Your Seat

We fly on 31/08/2018 and return 07/09/2018 with TUI and have paid to select our seats on a Dreamliner, ideally after row 38. It says this option will be ready 23:00 09/06/2018 has anyone ever been able to pre book seats before this time? I know it goes off your return flight but that would be 23:00 tonight. Does the option become available on the dot at date and time shown or earlier?

29 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,411 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

Seat bookings open at 01.00 when we're on BST and midnight when on GMT, unless they've changed it. It may open late, but the chances of it opening early aren't great. If it says the 9th June which is correct for 90 days, then it won't open on the 8th June.

Teesside
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

So in theory it should be open at around 01:00 tonight? I want to bag row 39 with the two seats without anyone next to you.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
42,661 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

The seat plan normally opens on time but sometimes can be later if TUI are doing maintenance on their website, I have never seen or heard of it opening earlier than the official time.

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,661 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

<< I want to bag row 39 with the two seats without anyone next to you.>>

That is if TUI have not blocked off Row 39 which has been happening for quite a while now that they block the seats off at the rear of the economy cabin behind the extra legroom seats on the 787-8.

Angie.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

I've noticed that TUI blocked off the last 4 rows (38-41) on a flight from MAN to JSI that I'm taking quite soon! What's all this about? Sort of restricts the seats that are on offer, when you have paid for them! I personally like to sit back row.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,661 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

It is for passengers who have paid for 'Select Your Seat' but miss the 80% limit cut off when checking in online so the rest of the passengers have to check-in at the airport that is why certain seats are blocked.

Angie.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

Ah, so if you miss the cut-off, you get the best seats! Doesn't seem fair to me that! This doesn't happen with Jet2.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,411 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

Jet2 only allow a percentage of seats to be allocated online as well. After that it's airport check in.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,661 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

<<Ah, so if you miss the cut-off, you get the best seats! >>

No not necessarily as it will depend how early passengers get to the airport as it is on a first come first served basis so you are not guaranteed the very sought after Row 39.

Angie.

Teesside
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TUI Online Select Your Seat

Angie,

Disaster. Had I known that you cant select row 39 I wouldn't of bothered paying the £40 over. Gutted. Is there no way around this? Could I not ring TUI direct and specifically ask for them seats.

Reply to: TUI Online Select Your Seat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;