We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icelandair Eticket

Texas
Level Contributor
829 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Icelandair Eticket

I'm flying Icelandair for the first time on Saturday and would like to save my Eticket to my phone so I can move through the process quickly.

But, I have no Eticket.

All the correspondence I have from them is my general flight information, receipt and itinerary.

Shouldn't I have a document with bar codes to scan?

Icelandair is not reachable for customer service in any form. I can't reach them; apparently, if you look at their Facebook page, no one can. I was on hold for one hour and fifty-four minutes and gave up, but now they are not taking any calls At all. Callers are directed to social media for correspondence, but the company will not answer FB Messenger, or address posts on their Facebook site.

Than you.

13 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,343 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icelandair Eticket

"But, I have no Eticket."

I assume you mean you have no boarding pass? If so, you won't get one until you do online check-in. There's more about using electronic boarding passes in the link below. It looks like you need an Apple phone and that it's not possible when flying from the US:

https:/…

Edited: 10:19 am, June 07, 2018
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
1,045 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icelandair Eticket

i just flew them recently and the ticket is actually one of the emails which they sent you, look at them carefully and you'll see the one

Edited: 10:44 am, June 07, 2018
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,080 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icelandair Eticket

Although it is called an e-ticket, it doesn't actually exist in ticket form so don't waste any more time and energy trying to get hold of it.

Your booking is held in Icelandair's computer system and is retrieved when you use your booking reference number. So use that to check in then you will be able to get your boarding pass.

Your boarding pass will be sufficient for you to pass through security and board at the gate, you don't need a ticket as well.

Edited: 1:41 pm, June 07, 2018
Texas
Level Contributor
829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icelandair Eticket

Thanks Lexexpress for the link. This is exactly the information I needed! So, I did click the link, it's very easy, just put your surname and reference number and all the information comes up. Even tells me precisely, I'm 7 hours and 50 minutes too early. Much appreciated.

Texas
Level Contributor
829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icelandair Eticket

Thanks KweqSmanit. I deleted the initial email when [they] :( sent a new email that my flight had changed. Thanks for answering!

Texas
Level Contributor
829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icelandair Eticket

Thank you wirewiper for the response. I was concerned because I had no bar code...it seems these days, no matter what the situation, it's all about the bar code :)

Texas
Level Contributor
829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icelandair Eticket

I've a question about my carry on cabin baggage. I didn't purchase checked luggage, so I'm limited to 10kg and a little worried.

When do they check the size? And do they actually weigh the bag? At the gate?

Sorry, I've never flown with a lcc, or Icelandair, and I always check my bags when I travel, so I've never noticed the routine.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
1,045 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icelandair Eticket

They never weighed my bag but they will give it a glance at the airport maybe

Just weigh it with an accurate bathroom scale beforehand to be sure

Williston, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Icelandair Eticket

I am flying Icelandair soon and am not sure I understand carry on luggage correct. Can I have a carry on AND a 12x9x17 backpack?

Williston, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Icelandair Eticket

I am flying Icelandair soon and am not sure I understand carry on luggage correct. Can I have a carry on AND a 12x9x17 backpack?

Reply to: Icelandair Eticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted