We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

emirates

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
emirates

flying with emirates from melbourne to athens anyone been on emorates heard they are fantastic

In transit
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: emirates

Flown with them in economy (from Dubai to Bangkok ages ago and Sydney to Christchurch return not long ago). To NZ, the food was really good and the entertainment great. They work hard on maintaining a professional image - all the formalities (calling you Mr [surname] as you board, giving you printed menus, hot towels, having aftershave and stuff in the toilets etc). Although their entertainment wasn't as good in 2002 when I flew to Bangkok, I found the crew were a lot friendlier (but this could just depend on the crews we got). They went out of their way to be helpful, gave toys and took photos for little kids (using one of those polaroid cameras that develops the photo straigh away). I'd missed the snack service as I was asleep, once I awoke the FA came and asked if I'd like a sandwich. I can think of worse ways than Emirates to get to Europe from Oz :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: emirates

My recent Emirates review link;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k1153712…

Rousey

ayrshire, scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: emirates

i'm flying emirates on the 4th may, going glasgow - dubai - singapore - brisbane economy class.

hope it's as good as everyone has reported.

we're going on the newer planes 777-300er,

heard horror storys about dubai airport though

looking forward to it though, will post how we get on.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: emirates

We have flown several times on Emirates from Brisbane to Auckland return and very much enjoy the flight, food and service.

We will onlt try and fly with them in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: emirates

Emirates is complete rubbish.See

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k8797…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: emirates

Globetrottin Grannie

I have to disagree with you. How does ONE flight make Emirates rubbish. We have taken about 16 flights with Emirates and found them all great. Just recently flew with them from UK to Australia so about 50 hrs in the air. All flights excellent, food and drinks all the time for everyone. We flew economy class.

Not everyone is perfect and there are mistakes with ALL airlines, but on the whole with have always had great flights with them and that's over 16 or so flights not 1!!!

This also extends to family and friends who have flown Emirates on seperate flights from us and all had good flights!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: emirates

Disagree all you like-this is an open forum.

I posted the link because it contains more than 1 complaint.

What 1 flight?

I flew -

Sydney-Dubai

Dubai-London

Nice-Dubai

Dubai-Bangkok

Bangkok-Sydney

5 flights. On Emirates. In my experience.

I didn’t notice you sitting next to me-unless you were the French git who wouldn’t stand up to let me go to the loo Nice-Dubai?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: emirates

Well,well globetrottin grannie.

First your link was to the post, which was about 1 flight!!

2, no where do you mention that you took 5 flights and I'm sure they were all terrible!!

and 3, I will paste your answer from the link you sent us all too;

Regarding the Emirates food, not only was it not very good-there was too much of it. The tray was full, and it very difficult to manoeuvre, especially when I helped myself to 4 bottles of wine from the trolley when the dolly was not looking on our Dubai London leg.

It's a pity that you didn't get caught thieving. A thief is a thief, no excuses. Good example you set for everyone, grannie!!!

Airline Police.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: emirates

RouseysTravels,

Emirates- I already said I posted the link because it contains more than 1 complaint. And is to the longest thread I am aware of-not intended to only show what I had written. Complaints about Emirates outweigh praise constantly. I found my other post on the Dubai forum, to save you the trouble-

Posted on: 10:36 pm, October 12, 2006

"I just had to wade in here.I wouldn't fly Emirates again if they GAVE me the tickets. Somewhere along the line I read someone describe the staff as 'surly' well that's one description.

Economy to Dubai was a nightmare-lack of leg room,hideous seats we both got back ache.My on demand movie did not work.'Service'Ha! The only way we got wine with dinner was when I pushed my way up the aisle and took it!

In Dubai we attempted to upgrade to Business-not possibe with our tickets he said,but by way of compensation he would pre-allocate all our seats-Dubai- London.Then Nice-Dubai,Dubai-Bangkok,Bangkok-Sydney.We flew into London and out Nice,did all the rest by train. I hate window seats,only want aisle.Well you couldn't guess could you? Window every time,every flight full fellow passengers not amenable to change.So every time I want to go to loo,or go get something from the galley as they never answered call button,I had to wake a stranger up.1 of them was quite good about it.The absolute last straw was when we checked in at Bangkok to be told we were not able to sit together! 'So sorry,but plane is full and you check in late' We had just stood in line for more than an hour while ninny took for ever with each person.

To add insult to injury,it was our 36 wedding anniversary.I said any other airline would be giving us champagne not telling us we at opposite ends of plane! She said 'I appreciate you prefer to fly with friend but not possible' Friend! Married couple booked together.

Supervisor I said.Best to spare you the rest,except to say I put on the biggest hissy fit ever seen in any airport anywhere I would guess.Demanded Business-full.Demanded 1st-full,yeh I bet.

Finally they gave in and we allocated together.Row 48,at the back.Next to toilets.At least they only 2 seats,not 3.We were given 1 lousy glass of champagne(in plastic cups) before take off.

At least it was handy to Galley where I was able to replenish drinks for myself as 'surly girls' served 1 meal and packed it in to amuse themselves.Actually as we were at the back we were last to be served,they then went round collecting trays and tried to take ours before we even got to main course!"

And, as you no doubt expected, I don’t care for being called a thief.

The only reason I had to help myself to the wine was that the indifferent trolley dolly just moved on without giving us any. Then we drank it. As one does, except that usually the staff hand it over willingly.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: emirates

GTG, complaints will always get more airing, because we like to complain but when things go right never praise, hence why I wanted to put the records right.

As for special treatment because it was 36 years married? Why? It's no milestone, 36 years as far as I can recall is nothing that is recognised. My Mother/Father in-law just had there 50th Anniversary in March, now I would expect champagne and fuss!! As far as I am aware 'other' lines don't celebrate willy nilly either!!

At the end of the day Emirates is a award winning growing business, it wouldn't be growing if customers didn't like it.

As I said, not everyone or everything is perfect, but a sweeping staement like yours deserved a reply from someone who has had dozens of 'great flights'!