We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France-opinions ?

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air France-opinions ?

I am travelling on Air France for the first time and i would like some opinions on service etc

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
679 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France-opinions ?

I haven't heard anything bad about their service, but have not had an opportunity to use them yet.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France-opinions ?

Never used them as they always seem ridiculously expensive.........

For opinions see www.airlinequality.com

Denver
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France-opinions ?

Hi cincyfanLondon

I have flown on Air France/Delta and I don't have any big complaints. I have heard people refer to them as Air Chance. My experience with them has been good. The last time I flew with them was 2 yrs ago. I found their prices to be within the norm, the crew was pleasant. Their planes could use some updating, a little worn around the edges. Bon voyage

Bilbao
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France-opinions ?

Hello, I flew Air France last summer from Bilbao, Spain via CDG to JNB, in Biz class (Affaires). All flights were OK, the worst part was Charles de Gaulle airport, but this time went smoothly, Aircraft were OK, clean and comfy. Service on board excellent and friendly, good food efficiently served.

Also flew with them a couple of years ago from CDG to DELHI in Biz class and everything was OK, service on board etc good, and flights on time.

I know that they have received bad press frequently in various forums, but I have experienced good service in flights, but ground staff at CDG, and CDG airport are not up to standard.

KECAJ

Tennessee
Level Contributor
544 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France-opinions ?

I have used Air France/Delta three times and I have no complaints. Twice in a 767-400 and once in a 767-300. Now, there food leaves a lot to be desired but that is typical, I guess. Service on all three flights was good.

Landrum

Tennessee
Level Contributor
544 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France-opinions ?

I thought of one thing that might surprise you. On a recent flight with Air France, the first movie they showed had a ton of sexual content with nudity. I remember thinking, "Someone is going to complain soon". And sure enough, about 30 minutes into the film a flight attendant came on the intercom and said that they would be making a change in films.

Oh yeah, and their food is horrible. I already mentioned that, didn't I? Other than that, everything was good.

Landrum

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France-opinions ?

We routinely fly Air France long haul and have no complaints whatsoever.

I've given up on airline food anyway and bring supplies on board, it also means I can sleep without having to wait for trays to be collected.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France-opinions ?

i have flown on air france only once (pre 9/11). i got to the airport super late and my seat had been resold, they promptly upgraded me to business class.

i was sipping on some bubbly before take off and munched on some pretty tasty lamb chops en route to paris.....

the bad part about flying air france is their hub, paris charles de gaulle (CDG); i hate that airport with a passion....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France-opinions ?

Hi, I travelled Air France in 2006 and food and service excellent. My only complaint was with regard to the seats - they were rock hard and hubby and I had to ask for extra pillows so we could sit on them. We had very numb bums!!

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France-opinions ?

Flew Air France economy last summer Detroit/Paris/Berlin. Service was great, seats were comfortable and each seat had it's own video screen in the seatback for personal movie selection. Plane and restrooms were cleaner than any other planes I've been on, however Charles DeGaulle airport was absolutely filthy. Food was okay...typical airline food.