We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE booking with amextravel.com, not honoring amex offer!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
BEWARE booking with amextravel.com, not honoring amex offer!

I received a notification on my Amex card offers recently "Spend $500+ with amextravel.com and receive 10,000 membership reward points"

I booked a hotel that totaled over $500 through amextravel.com What I was not aware of is that $88+/- of this charge would actually be charged by the hotel, dropping my purchase (which I didnt know at the time of booking on amextravel.com under $500) AMEX is now refusing to give me the 10,000 points which obviously is extremely deceptive based on my knowledge of how much I spent when making the purchase. I even booked through amextravel.com when it was slightly more expensive!!

DO NOT use amextravel.com, book direct, easier and cheaper and NOT deceptive.

2 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEWARE booking with amextravel.com, not honoring amex offer!

OK, you booked a hotel via AMEX Travel, and had some issues.

I am at a loss, as to what, exactly, this has to do with Air Travel, the subject that this Forum covers?

Can you articulate why you have posted here?

Just curious,

Hunt

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
14,034 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEWARE booking with amextravel.com, not honoring amex offer!

I don’t understand the complaint, $88 what?

I use American Express website for booking air tickets often, I get about 600,000 points a year or $6,000 of free tickets. Axp online prices are same as airlines homepages or orbiz, as lowest as it gets. Never had a problem, American Express is a premier travel agency, if not The original global travel agency, The best there is.

In my youth, everybody traveling the world go to local American Express to get mail and cash, the only place worldwide for all American frequent travelers, a safe haven.

Edited: 12:17 am, December 18, 2017
Reply to: BEWARE booking with amextravel.com, not honoring amex offer!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted