We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAS website?

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
SAS website?

Hi, we're looking for SAS flights between a few Scandinavian cities. There seem to be a few different websites from which to buy tickets. Does it make any fare difference (i.e. cheaper) to buy from the webpage of the departing city, assuming there's an English version? For example, would buying tickets from an Estonian webpage of SAS make the fares cheaper if flying from Tallinn? Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SAS website?

Bumping this up. If anyone might know? Thanks.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,131 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SAS website?

All you can do is to go on the different SAS web sites and check.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SAS website?

Usually no difference in oricing, although during days of hefty currency swings it can make a small difference.

The official page is www.flysas.com (you choose you country), but SAS also have dedicated pages for the Scandinavian countries (www.sas.no/www.sas.se/www.sas.dk).

With SAS's history of crappy websites (the current site for the Scandinavian countries has received a lot of bad feedback - www.flysas.com uses the old interface) there have been differenting prices is you go to different versions of the site. Recently I booked campaign tickets to London with SAS and ended up going to the Dansih site since the Norwegian site didn't show availability on the flights I wanted (they popped up again on the Norwegian site 2 days later).

So as smudge99 states the only way to find out is to visit each and every SAS site (and maybe also try with every combination of originating country - 26 in total available through www.flysas.com).

Singapore
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SAS website?

Thanks, WhiskyTraveller. The issue with the SAS website for Scandinavian countries is that there doesn't seem to be a version in English. Or did I miss it?

And when I tried to search for flights from Tallinn, I could only see the 3rd-party sites (e.g., cleartrip, bravofly). I can't find the official SAS website originating from Tallinn.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SAS website?

Flysas.com is in English

If it's not showing in English, at the top right hand corner there is a language drop down box.

https://www.flysas.com

Edited to add that I can see flights from Tallin on that link too.

Edited: 3:26 am, December 17, 2017
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SAS website?

The Scandinavian sites are only in their native language - so to try to use them you will need to an online translator. Also if you end up buying through them you will be charged in the currency of that country (with the transaction fees and foreign currency fees you card issuer has).

SAS does not have a website for Estonia (covered by "Other Countries"), which is kind of strange since they do have a Lithuanian one and if you call they support or booking line you end up in Tallinn.

7. Re: SAS website?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:44 pm, December 28, 2017

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
465 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SAS website?

@ WhiskyTraveller;

Thanks from me as well! I have also been seeing no availability of flights on one of the sites but can see it on the Swedish or Norwegian sites.

It is also very useful to know I can buy from whichever site that works the best and without penalty or foreign country surcharge (unlike some South American countries).

Reply to: SAS website?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted