We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?

Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?

Is it going to be enough?

Im flying from Helsinki to Nairobi and changing planes in T3 9:10-10:10. Ticket is booked from BA, so I will get my possible luggages to check in straight to NBO.

Cant find any history about gates..

Edited: 11:51 am, December 14, 2017
4 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,130 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?

Gate history wouldn't help here, as LHR gates tend to be allocated on the basis of "here's a plane arriving, where can we find somewhere to put it". That somewhere could be different every day, and often is.

One hour is the minimum connecting time for same-terminal at LHR, and there's no margin for inbound flight delays.

Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?

Yep, I Know its minimum.

Very worried about this..Have to go through security and travel between gates could also take lots of time. But how much? If running all the way :)

But anyway BA sold this so they will arrange new flight also. But, it will be a long day in LHR if Im not gonna get to this one.

Edited: 1:25 pm, December 14, 2017
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,028 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?

Try to sit as close to the front as you can on the inbound flight

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,911 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?

BA no longer use bus gates for flights to and from HEL and LHR T3 so that's a plus. If your flight is operated by AY there is a chance it could use a bus gate - I suspect it's AY1331 rather than BA795.

There is also the chance that your flight to NBO will leave from one of gates 36 to 42 (if memory serves), about as far as one can walk in T3 and still be within the terminal building. It's not a horrible trek but get your skates on; if the arriving flight is on time then you should be all right, but there's next to no wriggle room.

Good luck to you and to your checked bag.

Reply to: 60 min transfer in Heathtrow T3?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted