We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Hi all, just wanna ask for the opinion of anyone who's sat in Scoot Biz before for longer flights: is it worth it?

I'm due to travel to Greece this coming month and saw that Scoot Biz is about 1.1k SGD, which is cheaper than Premium Economy for all airlines but more expensive than some Airlines' Economy class like Emirates.

I have a bad back so hence I was thinking the extra seat space would serve me better for such a long flight. Others online are also saying Scoot Biz should be compared to Premium Economy class for other flights so the price is still decent, hence my question: Is it worth it? What's the recline like?

For context, i sat SQ economy all my life and hated every second of cattle class. Crappy recline, cramped seats, distracted attendants, crappy IFE in the form of a small screen and so on. The only thing SIA got going for it was its food. Not to mention SQ econ is at least twice the price of scoot biz

12 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Nobody can tell you if it's worth it to you.

Read the benefits and decide how much you'd pay for those. If the airline is charging less than you're willing to pay then it's worth it to you. Everyone values such things differently.

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Agreed. I should've rephrased it as: What are you guys' opinions on ScootBiz? The trip's from Singapore to Greece anyway for clarification

I'm more curious about how others found ScootBiz in general before plonking down the cash.

What's stopping me is actually knowing what's the perceived and actual difference between say, Emirates(700USD one way) economy and ScootBiz(1k USD one way) for a long haul flight, so I'm hoping some people here can enlighten me with tales(good or bad) of their experiences on either of these flights.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
675 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

To be honest, I’ve not had 1 good experience yet on Emirates. By luck or coincidence always, something goes amiss. I’ve flown with them many times, probably 10 times when Emirates have operated the plane via Qantas codeshare and Emirates flight number.

Scoot on the other hand, maybe because it’s a lower expectation, but I’ve had no issues. Flown them a number of times, about 10 times as well. I’ve not taken their Biz yet, but I would pay extra to try it out from Australia via Singapore to Athens so long as I wasn’t interested in frequent flyer points/status credits with OneWorld programs.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

The food is okay but it is probably just economy standard for the major carriers such as singapore airlines.

The seats are the old style non fully reclining but reasonable width. The seating configuration is 2-3-2.

All in all a good value product if you can get it at the often reduced price

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Scootbiz is great. We have flown 6 long haul legs in the last 2 years on them. It is exactly like premiumeconomy on other carriers, but the meal/entertainment is alot less.

For comfort, I would choose this over Singapore or Emirates economy without a thought.

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Yeah this was my confusion here:

I've sat economy class across the top airlines all my life(SIA, Qantas, JAL) and never liked it. Seats were horrendously small even for a skinny individual(me) and the recline was laughable. The food was decent(subjective) and being in cattle class meant we only get maybe two stewards max for the whole cabin since attention is piled on the higher-paying 'celebrities' over at business/first class.

Scoot Biz brands itself as the cheaper 'premium economy' class so I'm tempted to try it out just to avoid being cramped into a coffin-like seat in economy and the 'better' service.

In all honesty I'm more interested in finding out how the seats and food compare to say, Emirates since Emirates Economy is the only airline that offers a cheaper price than Scoot Biz, having never sat Emirates myself. SIA economy seats are horrible as hell, not to mention expensive as hell(about 2k USD) so i definitely

expect a better seat than Singapore Air.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences!

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Singapore Air economy is better than emirates by far - so therefore no comparison needed there.

Scootbiz seat is significantly wider than any economy seat on those carriers and has at least 20% more legroom than those other carriers.

As I said before, the food is below average and drinks are not free. There is no inflight video etc, you need to take your own device and log in.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,252 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

If seating is your priority then Scoot without a doubt. If food/drink and or IFE is your priority then economy on one of the regular carriers.

Edited: 4:11 am, December 12, 2017
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12,467 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

Someone replied on your other thread before it was closed.

https:/…88061767

Edited: 6:29 am, December 12, 2017
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?

You can read the airline reviews on TA. I flew Scoot to Athens recently. Here's the link to my review. https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Airline_Revie…

Basically i took ScootBiz one way and economy on the return leg. Did not find their ScootBiz seat that much more comfortable than their regular economy seat. You can upgrade to Biz at any time, even during flight - for extra $100, if there are seats available.

They also have Bid4Biz, a scheme to fill up their empty business class seats on flights where you bid to upgrade to ScootBiz before your flight. I bid the minimum of $250 and got it. Checked that the ticket price paid for economy + Bid4Biz was cheaper than if I had booked ScootBiz directly.

Priority boarding is one of the items included with ScootBiz but is rather useless for the onward flight from Singapore because they don't use an aerobridge and you need to take a bus to the plane and climb up a flight of stairs. From Athens they do use aerobridge.

As for food, avoid their braised chicken with rice. It's not nice at all. Their vegetarian options are pretty good but other options not so good.

Reply to: Scoot Biz class seats and food(Long haul to EU) worth it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted