We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kiwi.com

2 posts
Save Topic
kiwi.com

Im traveling low budget to london and i found a cheap flight on kiwi.com its a connected flight with different airlines "so if you miss the connecting flight due to delay or rescheduling you have no rights"

its with a 7 hours layover i dont have a problem with the layover time but im so obsessed with missing my connected flight so im asking what is the possibilty of missing it due to delay with that huge time of layover"and btw im traveling light without luggages to check in and so on"

and is it better to book the flight from the two different airlines websites or from kiwi.com"kiwi promise a guarantee if i miss the connection but i dont trust them due to reviews that i saw"

3 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,388 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kiwi.com

and is it better to book the flight from the two different airlines websites or from kiwi.com"kiwi promise a guarantee if i miss the connection but i dont trust them due to reviews that i saw"

======================

I wouldn't trust Kiwi.com with someone else's bargepole.

Stay well away. Plenty of tales of woe about their appalling (lack of) customer service on this forum. Do a search.

The search function defaults to 'relevance', change it to 'date' for more recent answers. To get you started:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,212 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kiwi.com

Everything will be fine if everything goes according to plan (duh!). Where you and others have trouble is when things go wrong. My rule of thumb for split tickets is to allow at least six hours between flight arrival and boarding of the next flight (or three different paths to get there if the first flight goes the way of the dodo. Ideally, I like to have a day between them if the second one is overseas.

And yes, I would book with the airlines directly.

Edited: 6:45 pm, December 11, 2017
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,898 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kiwi.com

"what is the possibilty of missing it due to delay with that huge time of layover"

Fairly low risk I would say. That said, just look at the current situation in LHR, AMS, etc to see what can go wrong.

There's no need to book your flights from Kiwi, just book them from the relevant airlines.

Reply to: kiwi.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted