We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

I've been trying for two days to book a flight online and keep getting an error message saying your outbound destination doesn't match your inbound (it does) and then it says call Customer Service. I've tried Safari and Chrome to be sure it wasn't my browser but have failed using both.

7 replies to this topic
South of England
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

Perhaps no flight service from that airport on your chosen day.

What routing and dates?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

It should be straightforward, Chicago-London-Chicago return. And it gets as far as giving me a time/cost for the outbound flight and fails when I press continue to book the return. Seems odd. I'll have to call customer service.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

No problems here with various searches over the last few days - lets me get to payment stage.

South of England
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

Fine with me as well. You did not provide travel dates so I picked random ones. All seems normal.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,699 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

Just a thought in case you don't use the BA site very often. I think from memory you have to select both flights, which may mean scrolling a long way down the page after you've chosen your outward flight, before you can press the continue button.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,843 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

Are you sure it isn't the airports used that don't match? That can happen quite a lot IME from London depending on time/date of route selected. You click on continue assuming you don't mind coming back to a different airport. Other than that no problem finding flights (though new site is much less user friendly IMO).

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?

Yes, thanks I did do that and it let me select the return flight too. Then said your departure and destination airports are different, which of course they are -- ORD and LHR. Then it says Sorry, please call your local BA office.

Reply to: Anyone else having trouble booking BA flights online?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted