We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emergency exit seats - First Choice

UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Emergency exit seats - First Choice

Hello

Does anyone know if the emergency exit seats for extra legroom are worth booking? My boyfriend and I are both very tall and suffer on long haul - we can't really afford the upgrade to Premium.

Has anyone used these seats and are they worth booking for the extra legroom you get? The woman at First Choice said an extra 5". Seems to good to be true - what's the catch?

HeX

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

The catch is that these seats are sometimes near the toilets, and people tend to congregate there, taking up the space you paid for. So unless you are flying on an A320/1 this could be a problem

In any event, First Choice's standard pitch on longhaul is 35", the most generous in the industry, so I wouldn't pay the extra.

WINDSOR
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

In my experience these seats are worth every penny...those few extra inches make all the difference on a long loug flight.

I have flown star class premier wouldnt do it again if i could just book extra leg room in star class!

There is only a chance that you will be near they toilets, however not all extra legroom seats are near the them anyway.

I would go for it...book them before someone else does!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

We pay for the extra legroom seats & we think that they are worth it.

Depending on the plane you're on you could be by the toilets but more often than not we've been by the emergency exit doors row 11 or 13 from memory.

Put a bag or coat or something on the floor in front of you - that generally stops other travellers from invading you "paid for extra space"

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

Worldvoyager, we are travelling with First Choice and we have been told that standard class is 33 inches, is it actually 35 inches as you say.

We did think about either upgrading or having the extra leg room, but my Husband is a very big built man and if you have these seats the tables and tvs are in the arm rests and he likes to lift the arm rest a little for a bit more room, or just to sit at the angle, and we have had these seats before and he couldnt get compy.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

re; exit seats... Don't think you are able to book them... In my experience that are only filled at time of check in... In order to make sure that the people sitting in them have their full mobility.

WINDSOR
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

mosegrisen.... a certain amount are retained by first choiec and are allocated at check in, however there also some available to book for around £60 each on long laul flights.They tend to get booked up rather quick mind!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

First Choice has recently increased their seat pitch on longhaul to 35 ins. They are making great play of this in their advertising, claiming the most standard legroom in economy across the Atlantic.

I wouldn't pay extra for more unless you are really, really tall!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

I just had a look at the FC site and they do indeed say 33ins for "Star Class". It's 35-36ins for Premier.

Not quite sure in that cas ehow they can justfiy their claim of "most room in the sky" as several airlines have a 33in pitch in economy.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

PINKHONEY.. thanks for that info. I didn't know.

UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Emergency exit seats - First Choice

Well I've booked the extra legroom. Will have to wait and see if we are positioned next to the toilet queue or not..