We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick up luggages ?

SeaTac, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Pick up luggages ?

Hi,

My Qantas international flights are:

Return : Melbourne - Los Angeles - Seattle

Do I have to pickup my luggages at every transfer stop then check security again or my luggages will be transfered automatically to the last destinations (Melbourne when arrived and Seattle when returned)

3 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,679 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick up luggages ?

I don't know about the outbound leg but on return you'll collect bags at LAX after clearing Immigration but prior to clearing Customs.

Assuming the flights are on the same ticket you'll drop off bags with the airline just after exiting Customs.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick up luggages ?

On the inbound flight it is in Sydney, unless the flight Sidney - Melbourne would be still an international flight.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick up luggages ?

If this is on one ticket, you will collect your bags at Sydney on the way in and go through customs/immigration, and then re-check them through to Melbourne. You will have to re-clear security in Melbourne but domestic flight security in Australia is much nicer - no liquids restrictions, no shoe removal, etc, etc.

On the way back, you will have to collect your bags at LAX and go through customs/immigration, then re-check them to Seattle.

Reply to: Pick up luggages ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted