We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entering secure area of airport

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
entering secure area of airport

We are staying at Westin airport for the night and traveling tomorrow. Can we enter the airport pass security to a restaurant the night before our flight?

7 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,613 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entering secure area of airport

Which airport? I would think that would be impossible at 99% of the commercial airports in the world.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entering secure area of airport

Not at any airport I have ever been to, but your query is very vague as you have not even mentioned what airport you are talking about.

It's called a secure area for a reason, and is not a place just to go and have a meal.

Edited: 8:20 pm, October 10, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,884 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: entering secure area of airport

'We are staying at Westin airport for the night and traveling tomorrow. Can we enter the airport pass security to a restaurant the night before our flight?'

Your question and location of Denver suggest you are staying at the Westin DIA Hotel. Without a boarding pass for a flight departing today no, you won't be allowed through Security or to go airside. There are reports of some people buying fully refundable tickets in order to do this, but it seems a great deal of faff for a very small result.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,968 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entering secure area of airport

>>Not at any airport I have ever been to<<

Not directly relevant, but at present anybody can enter the secure area of domestic terminals throughout Australia.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
758 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entering secure area of airport

Without a boarding pass I don't know of any US airport that will allow it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entering secure area of airport

Actually, there is now one airport in the USA where you may enter the secure area, click the link and read all about it.

…boardingarea.com/2017/…

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entering secure area of airport

What a stupid idea of Pittsburgh airport.

As if queues weren't already long enough at security, they'll be the joy of herds of family members who can't bare to be parted from their beloved son/daughter/mom/dad/aunty/uncle/brother in law/cousin twice removed wanting to wave a teary farewell at the gate.

Think I'm joking ?, I've been to some airports where it's nearly a total chore just to get into the door due to huge family groups saying farewell.

I seriously hope it does not catch on.

Reply to: entering secure area of airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted