We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has made a booking with either Sky Scanner or Skiddoo and if you have, what has been your experiences?

I am looking to find the cheapest flight to the UK from Perth in December and as always, so expensive!

Many thanks in advance

Lucy

Edited: 12:24 am, September 26, 2017
6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

You can't make a booking with Skyscanner. It is a solely search engine. If you click to make a booking, you get taken to another web site, many of which are the most dodgy online ticket sellers. It is probably the same with Skiddoo.

There is no cheap air fare fairy. If any web site is offering tickets significantly cheaper than the airline, there is a very high probability that the site is a scam of some kind.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,681 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

SkyScanner is a search engine like Google. They do not sell tickets. You have clicked "select" and chose a provider.

Skyscanner and Google Flight (and others) are good to check your options. But then buy from the airline directly. Avoid third parties (Skiddoo etc.)

If a flight is too expensive, try (if you can) changing dates and accept flights with more stop-overs.

Flying before Christmas is travel peak time. Families bound to school holidays likely have bought their tickets already. Therefore for many flights the cheapest category of tickets is likely sold out.

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

I use Skyscanner all the time to check airfares, I find it an invaluable tool. I would disagree with the others in saying it's always best to book direct with the airline though - I'm sure they will disagree with me, but there are still some very reputable online travel agents (I've used a few of them) who can get you good deals on airfares. It is true though that the day and date you choose to fly will largely dictate the airfare you will pay. Tuesday and Wednesday are the 'cheap' days, so if you can depart on one of these days you will save significantly. Also, remember that major holiday periods are always more expensive as far as flights are concerned.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,329 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

It's true that there are some reputable and reliable agents out there, but for me as a cautious person, there's still the question of risk vs reward. I'd need to be able to be sure of a very good reward.

I must confess that I can't recall seeing a great many agents that I'd consider reputable and reliable appearing on Skyscanner.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

So NetFlights is not reputable? On what basis do you make that assertion?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,329 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??

Who are you asking Arandora? I can't see Netflights mentioned anywhere so far, but I assume it's me since my post is the one before yours.

I never said that there weren't any reputable or reliable agents on Skyscanner, just that there aren't a great many, in that the dodgy ones seem to outnumber the reliable ones. Just to make it absolutely clear, I have no particular knowledge of this company, and no opinion of them either way.

Reply to: Anyone made a booking with SkyScanner or Skiddoo??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted