We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

Rocky Mountains
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

I am ticketed for this trip on United. I leave San Fran somewhere around 2 PM and arrive at Narita somewhere around 4 PM the next day. I am aware of the time difference. I am flying First Class. I see on my itinerary from the airline that I will be servred Lunch and Lunch. I can't believe I am paying almost $12,000 for this ticket and won't even be served dinner. Has anyone flown this trip on United? Can you shed some light on the service? I may fly a different airline. Thanks.

Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

Sometimes the meals that they put on the itinerary aren't always acurate.

But why are you complaing so much? Lunch doesn't mean it will be a sandwich or cheese n biscuits... you can have a meal for lunch too, im sure you won't go hungry. If you do, just ask for more food since you're in FC.

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

$12,000 for a friggin seat!!! whoa jeez lol- for 12k id expect everything and more!!

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

The entire flight will be in daylight, that's why lunch and lunch.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

Yeah, $12000 is a bit ridiculous for a ticket, and that flight isn't even too horribly long. But my my international flights always only list one meal, and I end up getting three.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,697 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

Hi

I have done that same flight it is a 777

you are worring about semantics If you payed over $12,000 for first class and you are worring about getting lunch instead of dinner.

you need to get a life.

you do not get the same food as economy or even bussiness class. tell them you want dinner and they will accomadate you.

Have you flown first class before?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

In Narita, you'll have access to Uniteds International First Class lounge. You should find a munchie or two available.

As for inflight food, you won't be disappointed with your meals.

Please report back.

7. Re: Flying San Francisco to Tokyo Narita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 28, 2009