We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

Hi !

we plan to go in Italy (arrival in Rome departure from Venice) next summer. From Montreal we have 2 direct flights options at more or less the same price:

A) Arrival and departure with Transat

B) Arrival in Rome with regular Air canada service , Venice - Yul with Rouge.

I,ve read some bad stories about Rouge, but the flight to Rome with regular Air Canada could be better (more comfort, 2 row seats, personnal video screen) than Transat.

What would you do ?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,131 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

So it is one not so good flight vs. two. I would not do either.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

Are there better choices if you are willing to make a connection? Is this in economy?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

Yes it,s in Economy. better choice with a connection ? Maybe with Swiss but i find conncetions to be a lot of hassle. Pay more to have a non direct flight ? That makes no sens to me.

You have to know that we are short (5 foot4 and 5 foot 7) so leg space is not something that bugs us most of the time.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

Then you've listed your only two choices. I don't know what is best for you.

5. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:05 pm, September 19, 2017
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

If you're asking which airline to choose, they are just as bad as each other. In my mind, the only advantage AC has over TS is that it has more regularly scheduled flights than TS (gives you more flexibility if you need to do any changes, etc)

If II I had to choose between TS and Rouge, I'd choose the airline that can give me the option to book the 2x2 seat (be aware though that AC can change their planes and you may very well end up with a totally different seating arrangement).

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

It's highly unlikely that AC is going to change the aircraft on you. The only aircraft that AC rouge has in its fleet that has the range to reach Montreal from Europe is the 767. If for some operational reason AC rouge doesn't have an aircraft available, they would send in AC mainline to operate the flight. So, if you lost the 2-3-2 seating due to a swap, you could at least take comfort in the fact that you'd be flying mainline instead and are getting a bit more legroom and seatback TVs.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

Thanks for those answers !

Maybe we can pay more and go with the Transat club class for one leg. It add something like 440$ by ticket/legs.

The YUL-Rome leg would be in economy (we would pay to get the 2 seat row at the back of the plane) and we could pay for the Club between Venice and Montreal for the return. Our thought is that we should enjoy more the club class on the return since we are fully wake up....

9. Re: Montreal-Italy...Rouge+ AC vs Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 22, 2018