We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

I'm looking to fly from Madrid to London on Thursday March 29th and fly back Sunday April 1st...I know the obvious answer to finding cheaper flights would be "book your tickets earlier" but I really need to find a ticket under 150 euro (200 USD) or I don't think I can really afford to go. By the way, does anyone know why Madrid Barajas doesn't appear to offer flights to London Heathrow? It would be so much more convenient to just be able to hop on the Tube when I get there.

Thanks!!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

Have you tried Easyjet? www.easyjet.com?

They fly to Luton, and there are buses and trains to central London. Around €75 Euro.

They also fly to Gatwick, but Luton is a much more convenient airport than Heathrow or Gatwick.

Easyjet is like Southwest.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

That should have been €75 each way.

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

I just looked at easyjet.com

You can get a flight from Madrid to London Luton for 180 Euros round trip on the dates you said, but if you want it you should book straight away, cos it'll go up!!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

It already has since I looked earlier!

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

Hi,

I have just had a quick look on easyJet. On the dates you want you can fly first thing into Gatwick and then the last flight coming back to Madrid. That would cost 168.72 Euros. Not too far from your top price.

Jack

6. Re: Flying from Madrid to London...HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 27, 2009