We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
998 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

Hi, I can bid on the upgrade but wondering if it is worth it.

flying YVR-MX and then to Merida.

It is an overnight flight which is why I am considering it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

That's completely subjective. Read the benefits on Aeromexico's website and decide what you'd be willing to pay for those then bid appropriately.

If everyone thought it was "worth it" then the whole plane would be Club Premier.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

It does really depend on what price you can get it for. And only you can decide whether that price is worth it.

As a general rule, business seats are better than standard economy, so yeah why not.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
998 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

I guess it depends on what I can get it when I bid

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

It is a decent experience, not lie flat beds but certainly spacious, good food and drink and a quiet cabin. In Mexico City you can access the huge lounge and get fed and watered. I flew YUL to MEX and then to ZLO. I definitely would do it again.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

I flew MEX-YVR on an upgrade to Business Class in March of this year. I think I paid $230 USD. Aeromexico uses 737-800s on this route and they are the newest version of the 737 the airline has in its fleet. What you are paying for is seat comfort and you do get that. These are not lie flat seats. The experience is like Premium Economy. My flight was a day flight and I found it to be a worthwhile upgrade. Nothing spectacular about the food, beverage and service offered though.

I also flew on a connecting flight from San Jose, Costa Rica and paid for an offer upgrade as well. Not worth it. The plane was an old 737-700 and Business Class was a dump....lumpy old seats with scratchy synthetic covering. Simple pasta offered for lunch.

The flight to Merida is on a smaller plane I believe so I wouldn't upgrade on that sector.

Edited: 1:51 pm, June 27, 2017
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it

Good luck trying to get through to anyone at AeroMexico or Club Premier. I've been trying to access the site or contact someone for two weeks with no luck. Web site doesn't work, no one answers phone, no one replies to emails, live support returns error message. I call Aeromexico booking number and all they can say is that Club Premier is a separate company and they have no information other than the 855 number that no one answers. What a waste. Will never fly AeroMexico again.

Reply to: Aeromexico Club Premier is it worth it
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted