We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripsta: No money refund

Cologne, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Tripsta: No money refund

I have a canceled booking by tripsta and after 5 weeks I still have not gotten back my money.

Has anyone made a similar experience?

Also, the contact with the service team is unreliable and rather unavailable... Very dissapointing.

61 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,898 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

Was it a refundable booking? Cancelling doesn't automatically mean you get a refund.

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

That all depends on if your ticket was refndable. Most tickets on that site are not refundable.

Cologne, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

It wasn't me who cancelled the booking but the agency...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,894 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

Talk to your card provider about retrieving the charge.

Level Contributor
6,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

What reasons did they give for cancelling your booking?

Just for an FYI, this isnt twitter in the fact you can give a much more detailed post with no character constraints, and it's generally much easier for ppl to give an accurate answer with more information (without going overboard).

Can you by chance give us as much details as possible, and hopefully someone can help u.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,898 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

I doubt the agency cancelled it. Do you mean the airline cancelled the flight?

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,046 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

Well if the airline cancelled the flight they have to get the refund to Tripsta before Tripsta pass it on to you. The whole process can take 3 to 4 months.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,894 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

"The whole process can take 3 to 4 months."

Under normal circumstances, 3 to 4 months to get a refund for a cancelled flight is completely unacceptable IMO, even if the refund has to go through an agent. I would be on the phone to my card provider long before then.

I cancelled a BA flight on Monday and the money was back on my card yesterday.

Ashburton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

Absolute disgrace avoid avoid avoid …

Absolute disgrace avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!!!

Customer service a joke !!!

Was advised I could travel with dog! So booked flight to Ukraine. Then tried booking dog onto flight told they can't take animals on any Ukraine flights so tried cancelling booking.

Flight cost £325 and on tripsta website it states you will only have a £35 cancellation fee not true as they have said I would only get £75 pound back absolute thiefs. Phoned Ukraine airlines and they have said to contact tripsta to get full refund as it stated on thief website that they would be able to travel with dog but stated wrong on website so they authorised a full refund. So I phoned tripsta the second time of waiting 27 mins before anyone answered (not free phone call) and was told ana Durlan would phone me back I provided them with the agents name and photo evidence of phone calls from myself and phonecall logs of the numbers of Ukraine airlines that they had called me back on! Ana email and said the numbers I had surprised were a dentist number (why on earth would a dentist from Ukraine be calling me for a flight complaint ?) anyway she also said the 0800 number I gave them wasn't a Ukraine international airlines number but I just rang and it was and also no dentist answered they also said the agent I spoke to was not there till 12 funny that As ana said this number wasn't anything to do with said airline basically tripsta want to keep my money and are calling me a liar I suggest you investigate this properly and with someone with at least half a brain cell!!!

Booking number F78570356

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Tripsta: No money refund

I Used Tripsta to book ticket and the same ticket was cancelled by Flight services, The same thing I came to know before one day of my journey while doing the web check in. Tripsta is wisely sending SMS of ravel time an date along with flight details(In actual it was cancelled). There is no feedback from Tripsta regarding the cancellation and refund of amount.

It made really a big disappointment. If i will not check for web check in I will become a fool in front of every one.

Reply to: Tripsta: No money refund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted