We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shocking behaviour by website!

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Shocking behaviour by website!

Just want to see if this is normal!

Was going through search results on www.cheaptickets.com, when suddenly the prices rose by $500 dollars right in front of my eyes!

I had printed off a couple of the search results about 3 minutes before, but I guess they aren't valid now.

I'm desperate to get 4 nights in New York for my daughter's 21st. I want to book it before her birthday in 3 weeks time, to go on 5th September (don't ask!). I had JUST found something in the right place at a price within my budget, and it's now gone up to way over what I can afford.

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Sorry for the rant!!

Anji

London, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shocking behaviour by website!

I know how horrible it is when the price increases dramatically. I am sure airlines monitor the amount of times you search a specific route, date and time. When they know you have interest in that ticket the price will increase.

12. Re: Shocking behaviour by website!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 25, 2009