We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberia in August - JFK to Madrid

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
105 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Iberia in August - JFK to Madrid

Hi. Does anyone have any tips as to ensure a good flight with Iberia? We are travelling from JFK to Tenerife in August with a connection in Madrid and it seems as everyone on this board doesn't like Iberia. We had no choice but to book Iberia since we were using American Airlines AAdvantage miles. Any advice for travelling with them?

Thanks!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,535 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberia in August - JFK to Madrid

A good flight with Iberia is simply a contradiction in terms. It does not exist.

Save your AAAdvantage for another time or use them to London and then London - Teneriffe.

From CT you may get to LGW and from there lots of flights.

I still have the mental scars from my first and last trip with Inferia.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberia in August - JFK to Madrid

If you can get your flights changed, do so. As Mfuwe suggests, you could even use your AA miles to fly AA to London and connect to Iberia there. That would minimise your time on Iberia. Otherwise, as he says, fly AA to London and then one of the many low-cost options to Tenerife.

If you can't change your flights, my main advice is to bring enough food for the flight and your own IFE.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
105 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberia in August - JFK to Madrid

I'm afraid we are unable to change our flights as we are staying in Madrid for a few days. Thanks for your advice! We'll bring plenty of food!

4. Re: Iberia in August - JFK to Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 22, 2009