We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin birthday flight

Witham, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Virgin birthday flight

Has anyone ever travel on a virgin flight on their birthday ? We are travelling to Disney on my daughters 8th birthday and wondered if they do anything on board or if I can pre-arrange anything for her. I understand travelling to Disney is a massive treat already , but just want to make her feel special as we will be travelling most of the day and it's a big deal to her

Thanks in advance for any help / advice and ideas. X

16 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin birthday flight

https:/…virgin-atlantic

Scroll down to the "Birthday, Anniversary, Surpirse?" link.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,808 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin birthday flight

Hope she likes champers and chocolates !!!!

I assume from the information that it is not a free service...

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin birthday flight

Flowercity given that it's a birthday for an 8-y-o I don't think Champers is the answer.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
759 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin birthday flight

Motherwell I think you'll find flowercity is making a joke as the link in the first post offers champagne and chocolates if you are celebrating.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin birthday flight

The link in #1 offers 'champagne OR chocolates'

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin birthday flight

If you ask the cabin crew nicely they may do a birthday announcement for her. Just wait until they have finished the drinks service etc and ask while they don't look busy. We used to do it on Thomas Cook if asked.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,445 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin birthday flight

Has anyone ever travel on a virgin flight on their birthday ?

==========

I traveled on Virgin on my birthday London-Los Angeles 21 years ago and they upgraded me from Economy to Upper Class. No status, I asked, got lucky. No chance of that happening now.

I'm your case call Virgin and ask. It's quite possible they'll do a mini birthday treat. Virgin Atlantic is 49% owned by Delta, the best US carrier and focused on very good service (so good choice of airline). Your chance of getting something is good.

Enjoy your trip.

Witham, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin birthday flight

Thank you, I think she'd be pleased even if they just mentioned it over the speaker.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin birthday flight

Did this for my 65th in February 2016 (787 Dreamliner to LAX) and flew back yesterday (747 PE in the bubble from LAS) for my 66th. Just tell a member of cabin crew it's your birthday and they'll lay on a few treats. Not posting any details because it's not fair to the crew you'll be flying with but you'll be looked after.

Edited: 12:03 pm, February 07, 2017
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,059 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin birthday flight

MrSWT also travelled on his birthday with VS - several years ago. Yes, he did have status - gold, I think - and also got upgraded from Economy to Upper Class. But the full story is much, much longer, so I won't go into that.

Given that there are 365 days a year, and the average capacity of any 747 or 787 is greater than that, it doesn't take much maths (mine is rotten) to figure out that statistically, there's at least a passenger on every single one of those flights whose birthday it is.

How many passengers - on any airline or any large aircraft - remember birthday announcements? My point, entirely. Who else other than the family cares at all?

If it's your daughter's 8th Birthday, and you wish to make a major event of it, figure out what you want by way of celebration and pay for it, to be honest. Do not expect an airline - even if you are happy to pay for something - be do it! Fortunately, VS are actually willing in this example, most airlines are not.

Not sure where you are flying from. LGW's landside M&S Food often has fancy cakes and iced cake portions for sale, as well as other treats.

SWT

Reply to: Virgin birthday flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted