We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams - Reliability

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
eDreams - Reliability

We bought 6 tickets from eDreams last evening from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh city and found out there was a hidden charge which should not be there.

On the www.vietjetair.com, the total air fare should be HKD1,596.00 only. However, there was an additional HK$953.01 which stated as service charge on a separate invoice.

The eDream price that I had to pay was HKD2,480.46 which included HKD1,527.45 for air fare and HKD953.01 service fee. That is over 60% in service fee. I had tried several times in email attempting to claim the price difference which according to their lowest price guaranteed policy; all the emails have been ignored.

Don’t buy from eDreams. They are thieves.

141 replies to this topic
W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
182 reviews
1. Re: eDreams - Reliability

They are not thieves,

They rely on people like you to do zero research then click buy.

Another ( sigh ), edreams rant.

Consider it a education fee, next time find TA before you want to whine.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,804 posts
121 reviews
2. Re: eDreams - Reliability

Why have you started 3 identical threads?

It's not a mistake as you have given them different titles.

I have reported the other 2 threads as 'duplicates'.

I'm not going to comment on your choice to use eDreams - I'mm sure there'll be lots of other posters along soon to tell you how silly you've been not to have done your research before booking.

And - as Rick says - I'd rethink your allegation on a public forum that eDreams are thieves.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,952 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: eDreams - Reliability

(Copy/pasted from one of the closed threads)

There are thousands of bad reviews on eDreams. They are truly the shonkiesf of the shonky.

But why oh why oh why did you only find this site only to complain? You should have checked up on them before handing them your money,. You would have seen the tales of disaster and run run run away.

Hopefully there are sensible people that do things the right way, read this and the other thousands and avoid falling into the trap that your carelessness landed you.

Regarding "thieves", eDreams has numerous times been found in violation of fair advertising laws and is being sued by RyanAir. They violate licensing agreements with airlines. They book tickets that intentionally violate airlines' terms and conditions, which puts the passengers at risk.

They are most definitely a highly deceptive company.

Edited: 2:52 am, January 22, 2017
4. Re: eDreams - Reliability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, November 10, 2017

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
292 reviews
5. Re: eDreams - Reliability

" Where do these stupid people come from ?, why ignore all the advice to book direct with the airline, rather than using well-known dodgy 3rd party agents "

Absolutely no need for insults JayneNewcastle. This person is down and your insulting reply is of no help.

Not nice at all.

6. Re: eDreams - Reliability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, November 17, 2017

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,519 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: eDreams - Reliability

Why do people book through third parties when it's so much easier and straightforward to book direct with the airline? Is it just they do no research or are they continually looking for the cheap air fare fairy?

A couple of minutes on the internet would prevent all the complaints, annoyance and upset later. Also reading the terms and conditions of what they're agreeing to would help.

eDreams/Opodo must be the shonkiest OTA there is at the moment.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,898 posts
1,786 reviews
8. Re: eDreams - Reliability

I agree that a 60% "service fee" is exorbitant, but what did you expect?

eDreams, must pay for the airline ticket (often at a price higher, than quoted, as their prices are not live. Then, they need to turn a profit, after paying their overhead, to stay in business (unfortunately, IMHO).

You hired them to book you. Did you expect them to do so for free, or at a monetary loss? If so, I think that is flawed thinking, and expectations, but then I book directly with my airlimes.

Good luck,

Hunt

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
330 reviews
9. Re: eDreams - Reliability

Pat ah, if you don't like a 60% service fee, why did you voluntarily choose and agree to pay it?

No one forced you to use edreams to provide you with the service of logging onto the airline website and typing g in the names you gave it to book tickets.

Your choice not to book direct, your decision to incur a charge, zero sympathy.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
5,238 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: eDreams - Reliability

This one is even worse than normal, as s/he seems to have also looked at the airline's site as well, seen what the price is that they are charging and then still used edreams to make the booking.

Reply to: eDreams - Reliability
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted