We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best neck pillow for long air journey

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Best neck pillow for long air journey

Next march i'll expecting to visit china. This was long journey and want to know what was you guys uses neck pillow while on travel.? do you have any suggestion for get one?

31 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,925 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

Try asking on the Travel Gadgets and Gear forum.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i…

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,563 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

I suggest you get any pillow that you blow up. This way you can control its fullness. Someone with a short neck needs less pillow than an individual with a long neck.. also they don't take up a huge amount of precious carry on space.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

Yes I have a blow up one and its good. Takes up no room or weight.

I see people traipsing around airports with those huge stuffed neck pillows and feel sorry for them having to lug it everywhere. I bet a lot get left behind in gate lounges.

Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

I have one that is self inflating, it still needs a bit of puff from yours truly but not as much effort.

It is similar to the one on here thewirecutter.com/reviews/travel-guide/#neck

I have tried the memory foam donuts but they are too high for me at the back of the neck - I am one of the shorties rdglady is referring to.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

Read reviews for the Travelrest inflatable pillow - looks like a long banana!! I bought mine off Amazon.

More expensive than most - but it is brilliant. Don't bother paying extra for the seperate cover you can buy for it.

I'm a fussy sleeper, very rarely sleep when flying - this pillow is a game changer. I slept for hours and it was very comforting to snuggle up to during a period of awful turbulence!!

Once you get the hang of it, it doesn't move and you can snuggle up to it and sleep. If you buy it practice using it before you go - it's easy.

Edited: 8:11 am, January 03, 2017
Boston...
Level Contributor
623 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

Consider a collar pillow, the type that looks like a neck brace.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,892 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

I got the Travelrest pillow too (I think from a recommendation on TA) and love it just as much as red2912.

I bought mine from Amazon and it has been very useful.

paris london
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

I bought an unbranded Travel Rest lookalike pillow off Ebay - much cheaper than the branded version on Amazon but does the job just as well I think. Provides much better lateral support than the standard half-donut shaped pillows.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
14,016 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

We have several inflatable neck pillows around house and in vehicles, $3-$5 each from ikea. Whomever needs one, friends or children traveling, we gave them pillows. We have used them for years, I use it daily on my way back from office, a short nap, falls asleep instantly with it on. Not one leaked through the years.

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best neck pillow for long air journey

We use J pillows and they are fantastic. You can attach onto your handbag/carry-on if you don't have room in your baggage. Used them for a few years now and very happy.

https:/…B009416CVC

Reply to: Best neck pillow for long air journey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted