We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some clarification on the TSA regulations...

New York
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need some clarification on the TSA regulations...

I haven't flown since the new regulations on liquids, etc went into effect. I was directed to the TSA's webpage on another forum and found some helpful information, but I need some clarification.

Do all perscription medicaitons need to be in their pharmacy containers-or is that only for liquid medications? Also, I take a few vitamins-can I carry those on and if so do they need to be in labeled containers (I usually use those day of the week pill holders when I travel).

Also, with regards to makeup I assume that all powdered makeup (eyeshadow, blush, etc) are okay to carry on? I know that that lipgloss is limited to 3 oz containers (not a problem), but does it all have to be in a ziploc bag-or can those be in my purse?

Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some clarification on the TSA regulations...

All of the restrictions only apply to liquids, gels and aerosols. So all of your solid meds, vits and make up are no problem and you can do whatever you like with them.

If you need more than 3 oz of your liquid meds you are allowed them and the TSA says "Medication & Special Needs Devices: Please make sure your medications are properly labeled with a professionally printed label identifying the medication and manufacturer's name or pharmaceutical label. The prescription medicine must match the name on the passenger's ticket."

Your lipgloss is a gel so it goes in your ziploc.

Safe flying.

Grayson, Georgia
Level Contributor
428 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some clarification on the TSA regulations...

Always verify the most current lists with the TSA directly: www.tsa.gov. There is a link called "Permitted & Prohibited Items." With all the confusion out there, it's best to get your information straight from the horse's mouth.

3. Re: Need some clarification on the TSA regulations...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 21, 2009