We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Life

Quincy...
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure Life

We just returned from the most amazing trip to Napo Wildlife Center (Yasuni National Park) and the Galapagos. This trip was a dream come true for us - something we have talked about doing for a long time. Sullivan Peraino helped us to make this dream a reality. We had decided that it would make sense for us to stay closer to the airport, as we didn't have a lot of time between adventures! Sullivan suggested we stay at Rincon de Puembo and it was just lovely. The people were very accommodating when we returned from the jungle with a pile of dirty, not so pleasant smelling clothes, lol. They were able to make arrangements to have them laundered and returned to us the same evening as we were leaving for the Galapagos at 8:00 the next morning. Much appreciated!

Our time at Napo was absolutely incredible! Our guide, Celso, could not have been better. He was very knowledgeable and as excited to see things as we were. Our local guide, Ogor (I apologize for the spelling) was the most amazing spotter! His ability to spot wildlife at a great distance was uncanny! Celso went out of his way to ensure that all of our needs were met, and that we had the best time possible. He even arranged to have a birthday cake made for one of the people in our group! He also changed our room when a sewerage smell from the construction of the new restaurant and observation tower permeated our first room. He even helped us move our things to the new room, which also was right on the lake.

The wildlife was amazing - howler monkeys (my personal fave), spider monkeys, squirrel monkeys, birds galore, caiman (he was 12-15 ft), and the clay licks were amazing! I could go on, but I need to say something about the Galapagos and the Cormorant catamaran we were on...

I don't know where to begin - the Galapagos and the Cormorant was as close to perfect as you can get! I would recommend the Cormorant to anyone looking for a16 passenger boat. It was absolutely beautiful, but what made it really stand out was the crew. They all went out of their way to cater to our every need. Daniel (bartender and jack of all trades) was amazing. I don't think he ever slept! If I just thought about a glass of ice water or cup of tea, he would suddenly appear with it! The crew helped everyone with their life jackets, helped us in and out of our wetsuits, in and out of the pangas, and wrapped warm towels around us when we returned from snorkeling trips! That is just an inkling of what they do.

Our guide, Morris, was great. He was extremely knowledgeable about all things Galapagos, the history, the evolution of the wildlife, the terrain both above and below water! You could hear the passion in his briefings and he got just as excited about seeing wildlife as we did! And boy, did we ever see wildlife!!! It's true when they say you have to step over the wildlife! Sea lions (babies and adults) are everywhere, and they don't care to move if you need to get by! Marine iguanas are the same color as the lava, so you need to be careful you don't step on them. We saw Blue Footed, Red and Nazca boobys all over! We saw a fantastic feeding frenzy of Blue Footed Boobys. We saw penguins many many times, and up to about 20 at a time! We snorkeled with sea lions, sea turtles, hammerhead sharks and tons of fish. Galapagos hawks, mockingbirds, doves, finches. Tortoises were beautiful and graceful. I need to stop now, though I could go on. Food on the Cormorant was exceptional and they took very good care of me and my diabete. I was most impressed. We had two vegetarians and I know that they were very happy as well.

All of our travel went smoothly (and there was a lot of it!). Sullivan was such a great help and resource. Our emails were always answered promptly and she was always full of information for us.

Suffice it to say we were extremely happy with the trip and will be talking about it for a long time to come!

Jupiter, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure Life

Just returned from a trip with Antarctica XXI on the Ocean Nova. Started the first night with a quick but complete briefing to a delicious sophisticated welcome dinner. Hotel was good with nice rooms and great Wi-FI. Off the next day to airport and a smooth and nice 2 hour flight to Antarctica and our ship and home for the next 5 days. Ship cabins were more than adequate, with good storage, robes on the beds, and plenty of hot water. All aspects of the trip with amazingly terrific, good food, fabulous sights, and the best expedition staff one could imagine. Everyone on board couldn't have been more helpful and wanted only to make your visit to this amazing place joyous. Being world travelers this truly was a trip of a lifetime.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,387 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure Life

schoude I was confused by the title, Adventure Life is the name of a travel company. Is that the one you went to or is it just a great title you came up with for your trip report.

Sounds wonderful anyway.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure Life

It is the name of the travel company - Sullivan Peraino from Adventure Life helped plan our trip.

Columbus
Level Contributor
210 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure Life

Adventure Life the travel company must be asking their clients to post review on TripAdvisor. There's been a rash of them lately.

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure Life

Returned from the Pure Patagonia tour organized by Adventure Life a week ago. Stayed at Eco Camp which was a great experience. The staff and people we met on the tour were first rate as were our guides Xabi and Daniella.The facilities were clean and comfortable. The scenary was truly spectacular.Adventure Life also organized our hotel stay in Punta Arenas and a morning spent boating and walking on a penguin colony. Jodi Domsky organized our trip and also helped arrange a day trip from Santiago to Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar and a tour of Santiago.There were no surprises at all. Everything was on time or even early. I have spent a lot of time in the Rockies,many trips to Alaska and Hawaii and multiple trips abroad. Patagonia is a beautiful area not to be missed and I strongly endorse Adventure Life.

6. Re: Adventure Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, February 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions