We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port promotions

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Port promotions

We are going on a cruise in Oct to the Holy Land and on one of the web sites for Royal Caribbean a company called Port Promotions is advertising shore excursions. Has anyone used this company recently or has it not improved and I should give it a miss.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,766 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port promotions

Hi holiday2011-07;

I would suggest posting your query on the "Cruises" forum as well. That forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.h…

Best Regards

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port promotions

thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,766 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port promotions

You're Welcome !

Atlanta
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port promotions

I have ussed them to book.... and it has been nothing but a hassel so far.... they never seem to staff the phones and I am still waiting for a refund.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,766 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port promotions

Old post from September, with the OP travelling in October.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port promotions

Unfortunately yes, booked our cruise thru Travelocity and they provided a $75 bonus credit thru Port Promotions. We used this twards a full day catamaran trip on St. Kitts to Nevis last Wednesday. They used a company called Carribean Journey Masters. On arrival at St. Kitts the Carribean Journey Masters rep told us that they didn't have enought people and the excursion was canceled. That excursion was sold out on Eclipse 2 weeks prior, so I find it hard to believe they didn't have enought interested people to fill the trip. I'm willing to bet they canceled us and made it available thru the ship. I will never use Travelocity or Port Promotions again.

New Castle, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Port promotions

Worst of the worst. Their customer service is zero. We booked a two hour wave runner tour with snorkeling through them (sadly enough recommended by Travelocity) and it was a one hour tour. I contacted them and Travelocity and was told by Travelocity that Port Promotions would handle my complaint. Port Promotions told me they would get back to me, but that must be the way they put you off, because they don't get back to you.

It has been almost 3 months and still no answer, after repeated emails.

Kingston, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Port promotions

We also booked through Travelocity with a $75 credit they gave us. We booked a beach stay at Orient beach in St Maarten. When the Celebrity Silhouette docked we were told by e-mail we would be greeted by a rep dock side and to look for the Best of the Caribbean sign. Nothing, we had to walk up and down the long pier looking for someone. Finally, we walked out of the pier area and we asked some local tourist workers sitting in the shade by the buses. One woman said she would call for us and they told her that we were the only ones on the excursion and that they didn't get an e-mail about our arrival. They did finally get us on an empty bus and gave us the tickets for a meal, drink, and lounges. They picked us also. If we had not walked around and found this woman we would have paid to do this out of pocket. Very poor and not recommend. Travelocity should not us them.

9. Re: Port promotions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions