We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure Life

Dayton, KY
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
62 helpful votes
Adventure Life

I just returned from a month-long adventure in the Indian Ocean. It began in the Seychelles on a four-day cruise on Variety's Pegasus where we visited several islands, explored shallow waterways and swam and snorkeled. The small (42 guests) catamaran was perfect for such excursions. I then spent two days alone in Mahe (the largest island) during which time I explored on my own.

The next step of my adventure was flying to the Maldives where I boarded Silversea's ship, the Silver Discoverer. This luxury liner had only 72 guests and was small enough to feel cozy while still offering amazing accommodations and pampering. Aboard the Discoverer, we sailed to some remote (and uninhabited) islands in the Maldvies archipelago, using the Zodiacs to reach some amazing beaches and reefs. The experts on board (ornithologists, marine biologists, anthropologists, etc) made sure we were well-versed in the wildlife and culture we encountered.

After we left the Maldives, we sailed to the islands of Southern India to experience a combination of culture and nature. I ended my stay in Colombo on my own, taking private tours of the city arranged by Adventure Life, including my favorite, a walking "foodie" tour in which we sampled various Sri Lankan street foods.

Last spring I stumbled upon Adventure Life, and simply told them what I wanted (to visit places in the Indian Ocean where I had never been). They tailored my adventure to my specific wants and needs (a solo, older, female traveler), and put together this great itenerary. Franny worked with me before and during the trip, and when minor hiccups occurred during the stay, she was easily accessible to answer my questions and find solutions. All in all, a great trip arranged by a company who cares about its travelers and is willing to work with them to design the perfect adventure!

107 replies to this topic
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
295 posts
90 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Adventure Life

That sounds like an amazing and memorable trip! Thanks for posting and would you mind giving me an approximate budget that you worked with for this trip? It is one that my husband and I would love to personalize and add to our bucket list.

2. Re: Adventure Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, February 16, 2018

Coldstream, Canada
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Adventure Life

I was very fortunate to stumble across Adventure Life on the internet, when looking for a cruise to the Galapagos. I had several particular requests and between Mary and Kate, much to my delight, they were able to fulfill each request. Our cruise aboard the Galaven included everything I wanted to see and do. The price was perfect, the food was fabulous and the staff and guides were wonderful. This was the first time I had used Adventure Life. I now have a huge level of trust in their company. Thank you. Hats off to everyone involved.

4. Re: Adventure Life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, March 26, 2018

1 post
5. Re: Adventure Life

We just returned from a trip to the Antarctic Peninsula that was organized through Adventure Life. Adventure Life did a terrific job helping us organize the trip as much as 1.5 years in advance of the departure date. They were personable and very helpful throughout the process.

The trip was amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone seeking a trip of a lifetime offering unique scenery and wildlife.

Frannie and Mary with Adventure Life were terrific to work with.

1 post
6. Re: Adventure Life

Fabulous trip to Costa Rica planned with help by Adventure Life. Perfect balance of adventure and relaxation for a family with 4 active kids. Beautiful country, fabulous people, great adventure! All details organized by the Adventure Life crew and allowed us to just focus on the fun!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Adventure Life

Loved our trip to Costa Rica organized by Adventure Life! The activities and accommodations were all first rate. Appreciated that all the accommodations were environmentally responsible, and catered to more European than American travelers.

San Diego
2 posts
8. Re: Adventure Life

I'm the type of person who needs to know when, why and how for every arrangement and with so many moving parts and individuals involved to make this 2 week trip happen, I was a bit skeptical that it would all come together as smoothly as it did. And by smooth I mean every single connection, transfer, accommodation and plan was executed flawlessly. Adventure Life is the way to go. Every detail was taken care of and could not have been planned better!

1 post
9. Re: Adventure Life

sounds like a deadly time jonno when you be back with the kids ..you forget them on the plain again ye weapon

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Adventure Life

This sounds awesome! Had you ever sailed before hand? How much sailing did you actually get to do? id love a budget also how much did this cost you?

Reply to: Adventure Life
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted