We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to amend booking

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Trying to amend booking

Hi,

I have submitted a request for accomodation and the owner has approved it. I have since asked if I could stay another day but the owner and myself can find no way of amending the travel dates or cancelling the request so I can submit another. At the moment, because the first request has been approved, the system tells me the dates are unavailable if I try to submit another request.

Do I just have to wait for the offer to expire and then re-submit a request? Obviously, I don't want the property to get snapped up by someone else!

Thanks for your help.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to amend booking

Well, since TripAdvisor doesn't do bookings directly (and this is the site where you have posted your question) you would have to tell us which site you are actually using to do the bookings.

Normally, with most sites, the owner must approve any bookings, so as long as they are working with you, I would say that it is highly unlikely that you will get pushed out.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to amend booking

Hi there,

Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I assumed this forum was to do with the 'Holiday Rentals' arm of Tripadvisor. I see now it is more generic.

I am booking through the 'Holiday Rentals' area on Tripadvisor, using the 'Pay on Tripadvisor' option. Whilst I understand you cannot book through Tripadvisor per se, this is the site that is being used to advertise, enquire and process payment. It seems a little rigid.

I'm sure the owner will work with me on this, i just wondered if anyone had any advice or had experienced a similar thing in order for us to expedite the matter - she is struggling with it also. If not, I will just have to be patient!!

Thanks again, Lisa.

3. Re: Trying to amend booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 13, 2015