We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Hi there

Has anyone been referred to this company to rent villas before?

Thanks

Frankfurt, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Hey there,

I have the same question! Please help me!!

I thank you!

Rehoboth Beach, DE
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

I have the same question. It's a bit late for me to ask because I just booked with them and now I am very nervous.... ugh...

Rehoboth Beach, DE
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

I tried to book a villa on trip advisor and when I got no where with tripadvisor I wrote the person on the site. The person wrote me back and said that the property was now being handled by holidayxpert and to contact them. I did and booked the property. I went to to write the person back from trip advisor and the person and the property were both removed. I then became nervous., I wrote holidayxpert back and they told me that by the person referring business over to them on tripadvisor messager it broke tripadvisors privacy rules and they deleted all.

I do not know whether this is true or not but that is the letter I received from Holidayxpert. If anyone wants it give me your email address and I will sent it to you. It seems legit, but I do not know how to validate.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Can't find a website for either of them - can you provide?

Frankfurt, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

xpholiday.com

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Hi there,

I have am currently involved in a similar situation.

I first saw a marbella based villa on holiday-lettings.co.uk (a trip advisor company) - I didn't get anywhere requesting further info, so contacted the owner via email. The owner advised me to contact XPholiday.com who are now handling the property I was interested in renting.

I did this and was provided with the details (they originally requested 100% of the rental money up front before reducing this to 50% + security deposit).

I have since been contacted by Holiday lettings to say the have removed the Villa from their site and recommended we didn't deal with this owner due to their behaviour.

We still want the Villa in question but have concerns about giving any cash over?

Did anyone who has booked with these get any form of payment protection or Terms & Conditions?

Thanks

JD

7. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:58 pm, June 08, 2014
8. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:57 pm, June 08, 2014
9. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Removed on: 6:58 pm, June 08, 2014
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xpholiday or holidayxpert for a villa?!?

Looks like a brand new company - website was registered in December 2013. Address given on the website registration is a London, UK address, and is different from that on the website.

First yellow flag: this address is a well-known "dummy" address which a company can subscribe to in order to make it appear to be based in London. See companiesmadesimple.com/company-services-reg… for details on this.

Their website is hosted out of Greece.

The phone number on the domain registration is a cell phone from Pennsylvania, USA.

I would say that none of these were show-stoppers, but it would make me ask a few more than the usual questions before sending money to them.

Edited: 12:49 pm, February 14, 2014