We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

global resort experience

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
global resort experience

hi has anyone heard of or had dealings with global resort experiences in Tenerife it says that the rci experiences membership is £85 a year nut to join its a one off payment of £8000 to get unlimited holiday accommodation 5* for life at reduced rate e.g.. £155 for a week in Portugal per room help needed thanks

Northampton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: global resort experience

Hi, I have been offered the same deal. The company they are using for the investment deal has only been in operation since feb 2013. This makes me wonder if they can really say they can assure us of the 10% return on our cash for the first 3 years. Where you offered the same deal? I think I am going to use my 10 days cooling off period and cancel.

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: global resort experience

snap ! the old saying to good to be true ! contacted RCI, they did not seem to know about this, alarm bells ringing, still now trying to get deposit back after 1 month.

I am not saying this deal is good or bad, exists or does not, just can not find any evidence of its validity.

I also can not understand how in these financial markets how they can "guarantee" these final values of 22% back of £1757 per year back after 12 months starting 15/01/2015. different figures ??????

Northamptonshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: global resort experience

Hi- yes different figures!! I was told 10% (£895) every year for 3 yrs. In all fairness I spoke to someone yesterday and he has assured me i will get a refund. The idea of no fees to pay every year if you don't use it etc is a great idea and don't have any issues with what they are saying but like you mention - it may be to good to be true and can't find anything to back up their claims of it working.

I have come home to a few problems with my house so the cash i was going to invest will now have to be used for this. I guess it's a wait and see situation and i hope for all investors it works out well for them.

I hope you get your refund, I will let you know if I don't.

Northamptonshire
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: global resort experience

I said I will update you-after many emails and telephone calls later I have NOT had a refund. As far as I can see I am being fobbed off with 'we are dealing with it'. With what I wonder???? To refund a credit card takes 1 minute.

I now really regret having anything to do with this. I hope anyone going to sign up thinks carefully about what they are going to do........

However I won't be letting them run off with my hard earned cash.......

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: global resort experience

having great difficulty in getting deposit back, they don't answer phone or answer emails now !!

I will keep trying with the polite and honest approach for this week !!

CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T JUST RETURN DEPOSIT OR CAN I ???

WHAT IS IT SAYING ABOUT THE COMPANY AND THE DEAL ??

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: global resort experience

As with every one else they are now not answering emails

As i paid the deposit on my credit card I have informed the credit card company and I have now put a

section 75 claim in I will let you know how it goes

Northampton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: global resort experience

I had a phone call on Friday from Tenerife to say the refund is going ahead and they were very sorry for all the stress this has caused! They certainly got that right. I have logged on to my credit card this morning and it has been refunded.

I am so relieved, I had got a claim form going through like Kath but thankfully I won't need to pursue this.

I had sent an email the RDO and TATTOC last week and asked them to investigate the company. I also contacted RCI. As a last resort i was going to go back to Tenerife and get the refund that way!

I hope you get your refunds back too. This has been a hard lesson- if its too good to be true it probably is!!!

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: global resort experience

hi

glad you are sorted

how long has it taken to get the refund and do you have the address for RDO and TATTOC thanks

Northampton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: global resort experience

The phone numbers are- 0845 230 2430 for TATTOC & 0207 554 8634 for RDO. I sent them an email but I haven't access to my emails at the moment- you should be able to get an email address if you google the companies anyway.

Good luck, put an update on here as I will be logging on to see your result.

SITTINGBOURNE
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: global resort experience

We have just returned from Tenerife and have signed up to the same deal, just different figures! Have spoken to two different people regarding refund and sent details to Credit card company. Awaiting to hear.

We should have learnt our lesson from last year as we purchased RCI points then, only to be told they are now 'worthless' and we needed to buy into new scheme to get us out of the previous mess. we feel well sick!