We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Nokomis, Florida...
2 posts
Save Topic
Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Is it a good idea to sell Marriott and RCI timeshares and get into saver express? Need answer FAST. Please.

Cabo San Lucas...
1 post
Save Reply
61. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Sorry for your loss, I mean the thousands of dollars that you will be spending on hotels in the future. I have been in the timeshare industry for over 30 years and most timeshare guys hate travel clubs because they are much cheaper and way more flexible. A 5 star timeshare can easily charge $50,000 dollars for a 1 week membership and the yearly fees are almost 1,000 dollars average cost per week per year. I agree the gifting department is not the best value. Staying in a 5 star two bedroom resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico would normally cost around 650.00 dollars per night, thats $ 4,550.00 dollars and lets say you paid only 550 dollars to rent the two bedroom, you just saved 4,000.00 dollars on just this one trip. Where can you get a return on your investment in just two or three nice vacations. I'm sorry to say you made a huge mistake not sticking to your travel club. You also mentioned you could not find much on the internet about this travel club. Thats great news, not bad news. It only takes a few bad apples to blow things up on the internet. It's the first place people run to vent their concerns. And what about the B.B.B At rating, Hello!!!! And as far as saying if things are to good to be true, it probably Is. This on stupid saying has killed many peoples dream. I do not work for these people, I just hate uninformed people giving their opinions.

Colorado
Level Contributor
918 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

In the timeshare world the deal will be there later no matter what they say so take your time and research.

Know there is resale option for pennies on the dollar.

fallbroo
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

I'd like to hear from some people that have actually used the service.

64. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 24, 2013
fallbroo
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

We bought into it via Empowered Partners, who we find out are actually selling for Saver Express. Can't find any good reviews of SE......only negative ones. Don't know if that's bad or good.......seems no one posts the good stuff and you'd think there would be SOME. During the presentation I was thinking 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.".... maybe I was right.

66. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 24, 2013
fallbroo
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Did you have any problems cancelling? Did you put a stop on your credit card? How long to get the refund?

fallbroo
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

The problem is: you can't pickup the phone and find out anything until you're a member.

Bethlehem...
7 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

(Due to a death in our family, I was unable to keep up with the messages in this thread. I'm only now getting back to reading the messages.)

Why have there been so many messages removed by the administrators? Were any of the removed messages from others that had bad experiences with Saver Express or with companies that resell Saver Express' packages? Were any of the removed messages from International Travel Centers and/or Saver Express?

I've received messages from a few additional people having similar complaints about companies that resell Saver Express' packages. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough interest by the authorities to warrant their pursuing it at this time--but please do continue to contact me. For those that pursued getting a refund from any of these companies, were you successful? In the interest of being fair: For those that didn't pursue a refund, are you satisfied with Saver Express?

In retrospect, I do believe Saver Express has legitimate value--especially for the $139 annual membership fee described in my contract. Indeed, from what I recall (prior to my access to their website being revoked), the prices for many of their vacations looked enticing. It's just that, for the initial excursions I inquired about, I didn't see the savings International Travel Centers promised--and it took a relatively long time to find that out.

BTW, sometime after I posted my last message in this thread--wherein I complained that Saver Express was no longer responding to my inquiries--I *did* receive a cordial reply from the owner of the company. He confirmed that my access to their website had been revoked because International Travel Centers did not forward my membership fee to them. however, he *did* invite me to contact him directly for any future vacation requests. I believe he is sincere in that invitation. (If only I hadn't been swindled out of so much money by International Travel Centers, I might have been able to inquire about taking another vacation by now!)

Obviously, I'm thoroughly disgusted with International Travel Centers--now doing business as "Destination Provider". They made false claims that couldn't be determined to be such until after the woefully-inadequate time period for their money-back guarantee (assuming there ever was one) had expired. Sadly, this appears to be the 'modus operandi' of these resellers.

Pattaya, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
70. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Me i wait febuary for buy timeshare on koh kong island in blue coral resort, is very cheap for very nice place only $650 /weeks charge 1 year only $30. and i have one bungalow delux on beach , air conditioner hot water, and conditions is very good i can rent for others peoples price i want, why pay big money when can have good place for not expensif .