We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Nokomis, Florida...
2 posts
Save Topic
Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Is it a good idea to sell Marriott and RCI timeshares and get into saver express? Need answer FAST. Please.

Moscow, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
121. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

How long is the evaluation period? Me an my wife joined a few months ago. It seems I can get the same deals they offer an that is bad. We spent 4,500 to get in. We feel scammed.

Moscow, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
122. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

How long is the evaluation period? Me an my wife joined a few months ago. It seems I can get the same deals they offer an that is bad. We spent 4,500 to get in. We feel scammed.

Hot Springs...
Level Contributor
51 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

ours was only a few days. I take full responsibility because I didn't do my research. If I had looked on some of these complaint sites and come across just one we wouldn't have gone to the meeting. But, wow, they're good at what they do. I'm not easily taken in but they made it sound so family oriented and since our family is pretty scattered across the country I could see us getting together for a cruise or a week in a condo. We were able to beat their "guaranteed lower prices" but they would not comply with their contract which states: you find it cheaper and you cruise free.

Hope it's not too late for you to get out of your contract... good luck

Edited: 10:30 am, July 25, 2014
Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
124. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

I wish I would have come across this site earlier.

In my case, they sold us a bill of goods. In the presentation they cliamed they booked vacations that included air fair and accommodations.

We are attending a wedding near Washington DC next spring, or about 8 months from now.

I go to the site only to discover that I need to call directly, being that I am not Canadian.

I call the the number, explain what I want, and imagine my suprise that the first thing I get from the guy is "We do not discount Air Fair".

Ok fine. So next the guy wants to know the dates, fair enough. I tell him that we need about a weeks time that includes the day of the wedding. We could go for a Friday Friday, Saturday to Saturday, or what ever, just give us some options. He said no, they need to have exact dates. So I gave them to him. Next he asks which hotel do I want to stay. I explained to him that I don't know the DC area, so how would I know the hotels in the area. Besides, we are trying to book a vacation at some sort of resort in or around the DC area. Again he comes back that they would need to know which resort. I explained again that I don't know which resort since I am unfamiliar with the area. Besides, I thought this was their job. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was unable to do so. At this point I was very frustrated and quit the phone call.

Just to make sure that I was not the issue, I had my wife call and try to book a vacation. She got an agent who could barley speak English. She finally worked through the same stuff I went through. She finally got the agent to understand that we were looking for some options before we make the decision. So he said he would gather some info and email it to us.

When we received the email, we were surprised at the result. No resorts were quoted, only 3 hotel rooms. They ranged from $1459 to $1789 per week. They quoted the middle one (Best Western) at $1536. They included a comparison to Expedia.com of $2124. So I went to Expedia.com and found I could book the same hotel and room for the same dates at $134 per night or $938 total. I figure they search Expedia for the worst rate and quote that.

Hot Springs...
Level Contributor
51 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
125. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

William B. Were you invited to participate in a vacation club? There were so many different company names involved it was very confusing. I've been "dealing" with SaverExpress for well over a year. My Attorney General's Office here in ARkansas was helpful and was able to have limited communication with the head office which was in Hong Kong. They also determined it was a scam but warned me that I would never get any of my money back. I have accepted that but I am determined to warn others. As I have said in other posts - if I can prevent another person from getting sucked in to these scams I will feel some progress.

My next move is to contact the US Federal Trades Commission. Good luck to you and spread the word.

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
126. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

We were in Branson - and of course my wife wanted to get free stuff, so she signed us up. We were staying at the Roark Vacation Resort, which I understand is one of the oldest in Branson. The people giving the presentation made it seem that they were affiliated with Roark, so I thought they were on the up and up.

We are timeshare owners (different resort) and members of RCI. The timeshare is paid off, so all we pay is the maintainance, which combined with RCI comes to about $1000 per year. I have been very happy with RCI. The only thing that I don't get a break on is air fair. So if we want to trade for a resort in Hawaii, the air fair is hard to swing.

During their pitch, they outlined a deal for an All Inclusive resort in Hawaii for four peple including air fair for about $1200. I thought "we can use this service and spend about the same per year and get air fair as well". Well as you are aware, I was wrong.,

Thank god we did not dump our timeshare!

I am going to contact our Lawer to see if we can get our money back, but I'm not holding my breath.

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
127. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

See my post: #124 and #126

Hot Springs...
Level Contributor
51 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

just keep spreading the word.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
129. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

What happened? We just bought. We will get our password in 3 days and can cancel withing 10 days if they do not live up to what they promised.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
130. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Hi Chris.

We are from Mississauga and just purchased today, 23Nov14. How did it go? Are you still with them. I went on tripadviser and it seems most of the posts were from the same person.

Thank you.

Fred.