We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

Has anyone heard of a company, Premiere Properties & Management LLC out of Colorado? I received a phone call from them wanting to know if I was interested in selling my Cabo San Lucas, MX timeshare.

I asked a number of questions to see what they had to say: where did you get my name, phone number and what resort I was at - same old "canned" reply, "all this information is available on line" to them but I cannot get this information from my resort. I don't have to pay any money up front for the sale to a "large corporation", except for an 8% commission after the money was transferred to my bank account.

I received an email proposal with a greatly inflated, ridiculous offer which smells of "scam" and I certainly not going to fall for this (guess they were hoping I was born yesterday and would fall for it), I am not interested in selling nor am not prepared to give out any more personal information.

Would be interested to see if anybody else has had any contact with this company with the same story line. Thanks.

143 replies to this topic
Colorado Springs...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

THIS IS A SCAM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT, Do NOT send them money. They high-jacked my company name in Colorado Springs and if you look at my BBB report I had them put up a statement on there regarding this scam and it has been reported to authorities. The people behind this are not in Colorado Springs and are in NO WAY affiliated with my company Premiere Properties and Management. Again, it has been reported to the CSPD, Attorney General and FBI. I finally got the web server to take down their bogus website at www.premierepropertiesandmanagementllc.com down. I have contacted the Secretary of State to see if they will flag my companies name and put a statement up that there has been identity theft and the "real" Premiere Properties and Management in Colorado Springs has nothing to do with this and we absolutely do not sell timeshares and never have. Please do not send these fraudulent people any money as you will never receive it back.

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

I just posted that I was called yesterday by "premier PropertyManagement" at 800-240-6962. They offered to rent my Cabo Viejo weeks if I called them back. I googled the name and the phone number and found out it is a scam associated with Cabo Viejo and "Signature Integrated Travel Systems" (or other similar names). They are still in operation!

Fremont, California
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

By law, you have five business days in Mexico to cancel the contract after you have signed it: (timesharescam.com/blog/…

) If you decide to cancel the purchase within this period, notify the developer by email and certified mail. Keep the receipt as evidence you cancelled on time. You should receive a prompt refund of all the money you have paid, without any cancelling penalties, within fifteen business days

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

We were contacted out of the blue by Realty Services Group and later changed to RealtyCOM to purchase our timeshare in Mexico. They claimed that they got our info online. The buyer willing to pay for our time share twice the amount we paid for. The escrow company justified that Mexico citizen has to pay much more for Mexico time share compare to international citizen which didn’t make any sense. Buyer is willing to pay for all the fees no question asked. This is where it start to get fishy...after the contract were completed and signed they claimed that the Mexico government required for the owner to be present in Mexico to sign the documents. They don't know the exact date so we have to be in Mexico for 2-3 weeks. The other alternative is to pay for legal representative which will cost $2900. They persuaded us that this would be the right option since the flight and hotel would cost more than this fee. The buyer is even willing to reimburse us for the legal representative cost after we make the payment. We said to take the fee from our sales price but they claimed legally the money has to come from us. Mexico government can't accept the money from anyone else. I finally play along and told them tell me when I need to be there in Mexico since I have a business trip that I have to be there anyway. Suddenly they cancel the contract claiming that we were not flexible and they can't work around the Mexico government. This scam is very sophisticated. It took over 2 months with about 10-15 peoples involved in working with you. All documents look very professional. They even sent me their real estate & escrow licenses. I even contacted the Mexico government to verify the person that claimed to represent the Mexico government and they told me:

“In response to your e-mail sent on May 12, where you requested verify the legitimacy of a document sent by e-mail by Marcos Urías Alarcón. I inform you that an investigation about this matter has begun, we gladly will communicate you the results due course.

Therefore we require you to provide more details about the identity of Mr. Marcos Urías Alarcón, and we ask you to send us by email any additional documentation about this case.

Finally, we urge you not do any transaction with this person, because the activity described, not belong of this Institution.”

Their cancelation letter:

“Please acknowledge this letter as a formal Cancellation in reference to the sale/purchase of your Temptation & Desire Vacation Membership.

We apologize for not being able to be of more help to you, but considering that the laws in Mexico are so rigorous and severe without your presence or Legal Representation, this transaction cannot be completed. The total amount for the cancellation is of $29,000.00 USD, which is to be returned to the Buyer.

If there is another matter we can assist you with please let us know. You can call us at 415-230-0918 or contact us in writing via email at accounting@realtycomus.com. Once again, we apologize for not being able to finalize this transaction

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Regards,

Paul Wolf”

If you run in similar situation stay far away from this scam and donot give any money up front.

Queens Village, New...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

OMG..my boyfriend and I received a call from a Daisy, at Realtycom offering us 27,830.00 for our timeshare at Temptation Spa Resorts. We recieved an 8 page proposal asking for our signatures and account infomation. The legal representative was Paul Wolf and the buyer's name was Jason Black. My boyfriend became suspicious because we couldn't find them on the BBB also the address on the agreement wasn't coming up in google/yahoo...they too gave us a website to verify their bogus lisence #. Luckly we didn't sign or submit anything to them. Please be very cautious...... what you believe is too good to be true...9 outta10 times you're right. ALWAYS INVESTIGATE

Seneca SC
Level Contributor
1 post
139 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

We too have been pursued hot and heavy by realtycom and have found that the license number they provided was bogus as well as any information about the organization. Run quickly from this outfit as it is truly a scam. We are looking into filing a formal complaint against both the 'realty' company and the 'closing' company regarding their fraudulent activity.

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

Yes, they called me offering to rent my place in Cabo Viejo. They are unscrupulous!

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

I have also been contacted by an initial company to buy my timeshare called premierevacationcollectionnv.com a Mr Oscar Garcia and Jesse Padilla @ 702-506-0227 ext 107 its a address listed as 3960 Howard Hughes Parkway Las Vegas, Nevada 89169

They offered me $30,000 for my Puerta Vallarta Time Share and is also using an escrow company called Realtycom website listed as www.realtcomus.com located at 1275 Market Street in San Francisco 415-230-0918 they say the Buyer is The Exotic Haven in cancun with a contact named Jason Black. This website is listed as a swingers get together place in cancun or they arrange group swinger meetings. We have not got to where they have requested in money or anything on a transfer. I called Realtycom today and talked to Daisy and Mr Wolf and they sent the contracts of proposal of course I'm not doing any of that and just want to see how this is going to play out. Should I call the police on them now?

19. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 am, July 22, 2014

20. Re: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:14 pm, October 21, 2014

Reply to: Another Mexican Timeshare Scam?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted