We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.ownersrentals.com

paradise
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
www.ownersrentals.com

Hello

I took this company up on their offer of "Guaranteed bookings or your money back" in March 2012. I paid £149.99 to advertise my holiday home on their website.

I have not had any bookings through them so I emailed them (several times) and asked for my refund. I had no response at all. I posted on their FaceBook page (which has now mysteriously disappeared) and some one said that Customer Services has tried unsuccessfully to contact me.

My email address and both phone numbers, which have answering machines, are on all my email messages and indeed on the Owners Rentals website.

So I wrote some reviews. Then "Paul" rang and asked "What's your problem?" I said that I just wanted my refund. He then threatened to have "his team" to post nasty blogs etc about my holiday homes. Nice people eh?

One of "Paul's" excuses was that I had signed up for two years for the price of one and therefore had to wait another 12 months. Funny that. My PayPal receipt says "12 months advertising" and I've had 2 emails from Owners Rentals telling me that my ad will expire in a matter of days.

So how do I get my money back?

40 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

Where are you located and where are they located? I think that probably makes a difference in your options.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

you paid thru paypal? Don't they offer some protection against fraud . . . if this is the case?

paradise
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

I am in France, according to thier website they are in Canada.

Yes I could have opened a dispute in PayPal - within 45 days of paying!

Oxford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

We have been advertising our villa in Florida with www.Ownersrentals.com them since 2005, and never had any problems. We took out the 2 years for the price of one guaranteed package and had loads of booking. But we only got charged for 1 year because we got 1 year free. Why would you be billed for two years when you get a year free. If you ask me it sounds like your working for there competition!!

Anyway we love owners rentals, we meet the marketing director at a exhibition at Earls Court London and they were all very nice.

Gemma Oxford UK

Edited: 4:29 am, March 25, 2013
paradise
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

There's always going to be people who do get bookings through them. We didn't. We paid for a year, we didn't sign up for 2 years for the cost of one. They offer a "100% Guaranteed bookings or your money back". All I want them to do is pay up.

FYI we get lots of bookings from other sites and I'm certainly not working for anyone but myself.

Oxford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

As mentioned they have done really well for us. I suppose a company as big as ownersrentals.com can't make everyone happy.

We had the same with ownersdirect, didn't get a single booking in 2 years, and when we asked them why they couldn't give us an answer.

Hope it all works out, but maybe this is not the best way to resolve things it looks a bit desperate, and could backfire. They are really nice people and there staff have been extremely helpful advertising our holiday villa in Kissimmee Florida, as myself and my husband are not the most computer literate couple in the world.

Good Luck

Gem and Andy

Oxford UK

Leatherhead, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

Just found this about ownersrentals.com, I can honestly say they are the best holiday rentals company we have used by far. We must have used them more than a dozen times over the past 7/8 years. From golfing holidays in the Algarve through to taking our youngest to Florida Disney (three times) all booked through ownersrentals.com, and the villas were out of this world, for next to nothing. So if anybody reads this please feel assured that I would have no problem recommending and using them again and again. You can email me direct if you need to know anymore at cami_jenkins@ymail.com anytime. In fact were on the site looking to book our next holiday rental for the summer.

Edited: 6:57 am, April 22, 2013
York, United Kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

Been using www.Ownersrentals.com to advertise my villa in Javea Spain for years, they have made me a lot of money and sent plenty of clients my way, highly recommend their premium deal, upgraded last December and taken 16 paid bookings so far. I know a lot of people who have been advertising with them some over 6 or 7 years now and all do well

Durham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

We advertise our cottage in the Lake District with ownersrentals.com and seem to do ok with them. I think there based in London, we meet them at Earls Court last year, and they were all English, we signed up and paid for the upgrade and do ok, on average a booking every month. Hope that helps.

James & Anne Casper

London UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: www.ownersrentals.com

I do business with ownersrentals, and can let you know they are a very good bunch of guys and gals. Who are genuinely a very straight forward, hard working bunch, with many many years experience within the holiday rentals industry, with outstanding success.

I think you may of got your wires crossed and its got personal. I think you will find that you would of had another year remaining on your membership, as the second year was gratis, and would of not shown up on you credit card/paypal bill.

This is not the best way to conduct business as you should well know, especially if you are an owner, you don't want to draw any negative feedback to yourself or your business, and i would expect this has taken a negative impact towards your bookings and turnover.

Maybe a lesson to be learn here i think Mrs.

Edited: 8:09 pm, September 02, 2013
Reply to: www.ownersrentals.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions