We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

Hi,

I received this faxed ad for a week stay at a hotel in Thailand, I bought it and am regretting now, after reading some comments from another post back in 2010....

I have "booked" the holiday just now, gave them my credit card number... this other post said they never really received the booking confirmation.... I am so worried now, should I contact the bank?

cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Bought a holiday at $99 per person - tried to cancel when received documents in the mail but they wont let you! Terms & Conditions (T&C's) state you must sit thru 90 minute presentation.

BIG SCAM - DO NOT USE THEM OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY!!

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
16 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

We purchased a DRU Holidays voucher in 2012. Considered Thailand but cheaper airfares allowed us to have our wonderful holiday in Fiji. Yes, had to sit thru a sales presentation whilst there but I considered that a small inconvenience for such a cheap holiday.

All communications with DRU were handled in a very professional manner. Accommodation was as we expected. DRU made it very clear at the time of purchase that there were limited dates available. I'd take the chance again and purchase with DRU.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
16 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

We purchased a DRU Holidays voucher in 2012. Considered Thailand but cheaper airfares allowed us to have our wonderful holiday in Fiji. Yes, had to sit thru a sales presentation whilst there but I considered that a small inconvenience for such a cheap holiday.

All communications with DRU were handled in a very professional manner. Accommodation was as we expected. DRU made it very clear at the time of purchase that there were limited dates available. I'd take the chance again and purchase with DRU.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

I actually used to work here and can tell you it is ligit. As for the not being told about the 90 minute promotion, you are absolutely told that before they will sell it to you, it is ticked off on a form as the sales person speaks to you, if you chose not to listen then you are the dummy. I watched many, many holidays booked and have spoken to numerous who have taken the holidays. Majority are happy especially with the accommodation. Cant do anything about the weather. Yes you have to sit a promotion - NO you don't have buy anything if you don't want to. Yes they will try and sell you a version of timeshare. AHH did you want a cheap holiday in a beautiful resort? As long as you book as it says on the brochure, book well ahead if you want a peak time especially in Bali Thailand you wont have a problem. I have holidayed at some of the resorts and the Aussie ones are amazing. Haven't been to the OS ones. And no they wont refund your money if you are an idiot and didn't listen when the sales person was explaining it, but guess what, you can give the voucher to someone else to use as long as they meet the conditions.

Level Contributor
1 post
73 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

Well we just got back from the Wyndham Torquay Resort which we booked thru DRU. We stayed for 3nights (2 adults and 2 kids) in a 1 bedroom apartment. Place was nice, room was spacious, staff were friendly but then we had to attend a 90mins presentation where they try and sell timeshare. It wasnt that bad but my suggestion, dont buy it. Just listen and after the 90mins, say no and thats it! Enjoy the rest of your holidays (which we did). That was a cheap family holiday for us.. Only costed me $99 back in 2012.

Swansea
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

NO ONE BOOK THIS !! They make false promises tell you lies and will not refund your money when you pull them up on their mistakes - my solicitor plus NSW fair trading are investigating them as we speak. I tried to sort it myself but the ladies Donna and Natalie were abrupt and rude , yelling at me at one point and not letting me get a word in. Biggest scam and waste of money

Swansea
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

NO ONE BOOK THIS !! They make false promises tell you lies and will not refund your money when you pull them up on their mistakes - my solicitor plus NSW fair trading are investigating them as we speak. I tried to sort it myself but the ladies Donna and Natalie were abrupt and rude , yelling at me at one point and not letting me get a word in. Biggest scam and waste of money

Swansea
3 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

They will raught you once you fill in your form- i was very clear with my date of birth and where I wanted the voucher for - spent 45min clarifying every detail before giving my credit card details. Lady promised me certain things however now i am being told I do not fit the income/age criteria at the time of confirmation - i asked for my

Money back and explained i was very precise and asked the necessary questions several times - i was then abused on the phone by a Donna and a Natalie and told i lied at the time of purchase ?!? This company is a let down and waste of money

Ringwood, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

I just returned from 1 week in Bali and 1 week in Thailand from vouchers I purchased from DRU. I had no issues at all through the entire booking process. All I can say is for a cheap holiday I could not go past this

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: anybody has been to a DRU holiday in Thailand?

I am about to use my voucher for Bali, what hotel did you stay at?