We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 posts
Save Topic
Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

A co-worker of mine mentioned a vacation membership service that he had recently used called Worldwide Leisure Direct.

He purchased a membership and booked a cruise for his family. He was truly excited about the discovery and has told me on a few occasions that the customer service was excellent and his trip saved him a bunch of money along the way.

I am just looking for a few more insights before making the call…if there is anyone else that is familiar with this company, please drop me a reply.

Colorado Springs...
4 posts
Save Reply
71. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

How soon did you take action? Was it within the 5 days?

Netanya, Israel
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
72. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Hi, we are right now at this moment at Grand Mayan.

We are members of RCI, having bought a timeshare at Dikhololo in 1999.

We have done ok with the timeshare and our maintenance fees are $240-$280 depending on the exchange rate.

Every time we come to a resort we get an offer. We also went for 90 mins that turned into a whole-day affair - starting with the $60,000 pitch, and came down to $2000 with them selling our timeshare for us for a minimum of $3000. We got 20 weeks over 10 years, and another 4 weeks within the Vida properties.

The only hinky part is having to pay the marketing company to rent our weeks out - why not just pay us to list it, knowing they will rent it out for a profit? We have 5 days to cancel, so we're going over the contract. It seems like a good deal as it will save us money, put some in our pocket, and then we pay only when we take the weeks. It's a super deal if we can actually get our unused weeks rented out and make this an income source.

73. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:09 pm, September 24, 2013
Edited: 5:09 pm, September 24, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
74. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

My deal on August 27,2013 was $5000 enrollment fee which got me 25 year for 75 weeks. Also got me 4 rooms on a cruise ship leaving US only. for $300. Good breakfast, painful initial presentation. Good Cop Bad Cop routine. Not sure if this is a good deal or not? 4-6 weeks of processing time?? Can't do anything till then.

Edited: 12:30 pm, August 31, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
75. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

My deal on August 27,2013 was $5000 enrollment fee which got me 25 year for 75 weeks. Also got me 4 rooms on a cruise ship leaving US only. for $300.

London, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
76. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Can anyone give me information on how good the vacations are with this company. have they used it and gotten a good deal with resorts etc. Please can someone give me some advice on the success of this membership. Thanks T

Nokomis, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
77. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

http://www.advantageprogram.net

their website

Moneta, Virginia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

We purchased a membership at the Riviera Maya in CANCUN in 2012 for $3,000. We were told that we could book 15 weeks of vacation travel for an average of $650/week. We were told these weeks could be used at any resort anywhere in the world. I tried to book vacation weeks in Puerto Rico and was told by an Advantage Program representative that they have an agreement with only one resort in Puerto Rico, RINCON region for $2,700/week. I told the representative that is not even close to the $650 average and he informed me that it was. Needless to say, I did not use the week for a 300% increase over $650/week.

I tried to book a vacation week in Jamaica and was told by an Advantage Program representative that they do not have any agreements with resorts in Jamaica. "STRIKE TWO".

I am researching ways to get my $3,000 back, due to false information provided to us at the Riviera Maya, CANCUN about the Program options and costs.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Don't do it. It is a rip-off!!

80. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 28, 2015