We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interval International never has any inventory!

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Interval International never has any inventory!

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

I am a Marriott timeshare owner for over fifteen years and every time I put in my requests for other locations that are popular, I NEVER get it. I have put in my request in April 2012 for 3 locations in April 2013 and I still haven't heard. Interval keeps calling saying they don't have the inventory and asking if I want to change my dates or locations. I am so frustrated and angry because I could get cheaper airfare now then when the time gets closer. I exchange my week 1 year before, use a good trading week and nothing! Who are they exchanges going to? I don't recommend anyone joining Interval International!

295 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
933 posts
215 reviews
137 helpful votes
21. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

The reason there is no inventory is that II and RCI prefer to rent units to the general public. That is people who do not own timeshare. Why would they give a prime unit to someone from whom they have already taken their money. Better to rent it to an outsider who has money to spend. So when another timeshare owner deposits his/her week, it is more than likely to end up in the rental pool than the exhange pool. That is why as an owner you search and search and there never seems to be any inventory-its all going to the rental pools. Only a few (mostly off-prime weeks and resorts) end up being made available to other II or RCI members. Sad but true.

North Miami...
1 post
22. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

We just went through the whole sales pitch with II. The people there suggested for us to simply use our timeshare week (by use, I mean sell to an outsider) and purchase our own vacations through the II system, all this as opposed to trading our week here for a week there. Is anyone doing this for real or is it just a sales pitch?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,479 posts
13 reviews
28 helpful votes
23. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Very true - so, for those who do not own a TS and would like to rent one here is the RCI sister company link and the Interval sister company link. Enjoy.

----------------------

www.endlessvacationrentals.com/main.taf…

----------------------------

www.condodirect.com/travel/welcome.home

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
933 posts
215 reviews
137 helpful votes
24. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

You can also rent directly from some resorts. For exmple we are at Star Island in Kissimmee right now and you can rent units from their website. www.star-island.com

Edited: 9:44 am, January 30, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
25. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

We made a similar mistake to you, while we were in Mexico, we were duped by Prestige Traveler to purchase what we now realised is glorified time which includes membership to Interval International.

The whole sales pitch by Prestige is misrepresentation, as you discover when you try to book.

So my advice is that if you get approached by Prestige or any other “club” please do not sign.

In fact I will go as far as to say that do not visit the resort where these people operate. For example in Mexico Prestige operates from Karisma hotels and resorts.

Warnings for the future DO NOT BELIEVE THE SALES PEOPLE OR THEIR MANAGERS.

In fact do not go to any of the Karisma or their associated hotels or resorts.

and my wife mada a similar mistake to you, while we were in Mexico, we were duped by Prestige Traveler to purchase what we now realised is was a glorified time share

durham
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
26. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

we have problems booking too .. and Marriott said they are not interested in purchasing back .....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
31 helpful votes
27. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

We have been trying now for some years to book our two complimentary weeks with Interval International. We have also requested properties giving alternatives to no avail.

We have now found it impossible to book in France and Japan although we have tried on dozens of occasions over months. The properties listed in Aus/NZ are also impossible to book.

Most recently we were encouraged to request a property in Sydney , the Pinnacle, code PKL. Consequently we paid our fees for the request. We were verbally assured at the time that we would certainly get one of our requests, that was only a few weeks ago. Today we are told via Singapore that there are no properties available in Sydney, at all, this year.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
28,388 posts
2,494 reviews
3,358 helpful votes
28. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

Your fees are refundable at any time if they cant find you the requested property or you change your mind.

Ive stayed at the Marriott in Bangkok. Twin Waters at the Sunshine Coast Qld, Fairways at Boracay Philippines and Crown Regency in Cebu Philippines to name a few!!!

Ive never had issues. Best if you put your request in early.

Tommo

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
4 helpful votes
29. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

We have exchanged for Mexico and Hawaii a few times. There are other places we wanted to go but were told up front that those resorts seldom have exchanges because the owners want to stay there themselves. In order to get to Frenchman's Cove on St. Thomas we had to book an online vacation deal through US Airways.

Price wise it came out pretty close to just the airfare to Hawaii. I understand your issue with not having very flexible dates, I have to try to be gone when my boss is. I'm satisfied with II. Good luck

Spokane...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
30. Re: Interval International never has any inventory!

We have just experienced the wrath of II...Thought it was a great deal...think it may be if we were to only use it in MX where we purchased. Unfortunately we purchased more to use i n the U.S. We contacted our bank to send the final payment and were alerted to a few red flags. They suggested having an atty check it out. We did. Here are some links you might like to check out. ripoffreport.com/directory/Global-Connection…

ripoffreport.com/Search/…20International.aspx

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10700-k5637267…

yelp.com/biz/interval-international-inc-sout…

Fortunately we put our down payment on a Visa and they are recovering our funds.

This company has a bad reputation and even de-fraud you when answering specific questions you may have about being " too good an offer." Hope this helps you out.

Reply to: Interval International never has any inventory!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted