We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Seasons Holidays Timeshare

If you own timeshare at any Seasons resort in UK and are unhappy with the quality of what they provide please post a message. We all need to get together!

190 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

HonestJack1,

Oh dear, what a shame! I also soooo want to see those puffins, but will have to wait another year I guess.

Would love to hear how things are progressing at Laugharne, are they totally rebuilding the leisure/restaurant area or refurbishing, do you know?

Please do post back after you holiday, hope we have a summer like last year for you. :-)))

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

They are starting re-furb this year. Let us know after we'd booked that everything will be shut.Pool, bar, etc.

North Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Theres quite a few older people needing to get out of their seasons timeshares, and I`m just being helpful, not"Clever". You can hand in your timeshare with no problem and enjoy happy days again. So many are tired of them, you shouldn't be ashamed to say it, and tired of the increasing fees. Just hand in your timeshare like we did. You will not regret it. Join dial an exchange for free first, and you can carry on taking holidays at a fraction of the price. A bonus week is only usually £99, or £74 with money off vouchers, or twice as much if you stay in the uk. And you don't need credits to take a bonus week. Its the older people I feel sorry for, thinking they have to keep on paying! Well don't!

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
94. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Lucilllu my timeshares are not with seasons. However I can't hand mine back and walk away as much as I would like to. I can't even give them away as who wants to fork out over £1,000 maintenance fees. I've tried not paying, but then had debt collectors after me.

My late father left them to my late mum who left them to me. Luckily, it won't pass on to my husband then kids. The only way I can get rid of mine is when I die!

There are many people in arrears and part of the increased MFs are due to non payment by owners. A lot of who don't care if they are sued and taken to court, as if they haven't got the money how can they pay?

I've already posted this on another thread so apologise for repeating myself. I've had to pay a huge sum to inland revenue in inheritance tax from my mums estate. The value of the timeshares was based on current market values for new timeshares, so I've had to pay inheritance tax on that valuation, bearing in mind I can't even give them away. To put it bluntly I've had to pay 40% IT on £20,000, when they are infact a liability and worthless.

However joining dial an exchange was the best thing I've done. As my owned weeks are in august (red weeks)

Dial an exchange give 2 credits for each week deposited. A week in say Lanzarote only uses 1 credit which gives me 4 weeks per year. I've already banked them for 2014/5. Would thoroughly recommend DAE.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

I have seen mention of Dial an Exchange on here and wonder what people think about it. Have joined but not yet deposited my Seasons week. Any experiences, good or bad?!

Off to Brunston Castle the week after next on a £59 special so let's hope it is OK. Condition was that we have to attend the Seasons presentation so I will be expressing the concerns I have about the company in no uncertain terms. I see that the website is undergoing some changes. Let's hope that upgrades to the property follows.

Glasgow, Scotland...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
96. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Just returned from our annual holiday at seasons Burnston Castle we stayed for two days of our seven day holiday reason being my husband is in a wheelchair and we booked a disabled unit the only resort this year that had a disabled unit available.Burnston Castle is in Scotland WE LIVE IN SCOTLAND but we went along thinking it would just be good to get away for a week. On arrival our unit was clean but that is all that can be said not a four star unit as we are told that all seasons holiday resorts are. A few crab rails in inappropriate places does not make a unit that is disabled friendly. There is nothing there no restaurant no bar nothing. The pool area is not wheelchair friendly nor is the upstairs gym sun room and sauna. I could go on but I would be here all day. If you are abled bodied and just want to sit in a sparsly furnished accommodation and hire a few DVDs at a cost of £3.00 per night then this is great . We have had problems with all of Seasons resorts in the Uk re disabled facilities we are not moaners bur enough is enough.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Just had a week at Brunston Castle and it was much better that I had expected it to be. Lovely, well maintained surroundings and the accommodation was clean and comfortable. Just the usual niggles about poor quality pillows, plastic mattress covers, minimal amounts of china, cutlery etc which I fed back on the customer satisfaction form. Hair dryer blew up was was replaced the next morning with a brand new one. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Pool was very nice as was the small sauna. Negatives - pool, lounge area etc close at 8.30pm which is way too early when you are on holiday. It also means you cannot get Wifi after that time as there is no Wifi in the units. Have also commented on this as many people need to keep up with work these days; it's no longer a luxury but a necessity. Rambles with Ron excellent and well worth going on! Golf Club restaurant a wasted opportunity. Food cheap and basic but not too bad but very slow service. Someone needs to sort it out as it's in a lovely position and could be really nice. Had to sit through the usual Seasons presentation, mainly aimed at trying to sell us Keys membership...I always hate it when that blank sheet of paper comes out and they start drawing the graph and asking the questions that can only be answered with "yes"! I brought up the areas of dissatisfaction I had - lack of communication, concern about their finances etc. Apparently finances are OK and he said he'd feed my comments back. Laugharne appears to be progressing slowly, mainly due to planning issues. Let's see.

Chippenham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Hi. Do not have the rules of occupation but yes unless special circumstances increases are tied into RPI and your contract. Seasons will send you a copy or there is a members consultative committee you can contact through seasons web site. I have corresponded over many years about the fees but to fight it there is also a clause that trustees will need percentage of members to complain but many members are not aware of what is in their contract and just pay what is asked year on year. Have now ditched my time shares in favor of cruising which we consider better value for money. My biggest gripe was adding for things like fuel increases that are also included in the RPI index. Also they ask for increase without being open to general membership how the detailed figure is calculated. To use the RPI there is a formula and you need to know the RPI when you purchased but that is readily available on gov web site. Seasons also incorporated other fees that used to be paid separately so these are also subject to automatic increase and need to be taken into account. Hope this helps.

Edited: 2:19 pm, September 19, 2014
Chippenham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

I handed my timeshare back to Seasons they have minimal resale value. Had been a member for great number of years and decided was not something I would bequest to my children as would just be a weight around their neck.

No did not pursue via the courts as I said need percentage of members to complain to trustees and that is not easy to organise.

Ensure you have correct RPI calculation formula to calculate change from when you purchased its not just a case of taking one from the other. Your legal advisor should be able to provide.

Chippenham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Yes, I got very tired with responses from Seasons, Trustees & Consultitive Committee (who have no real powers at all) and fighting them on my own, so I threw the towel in and handed my two red weeks back to Seasons.

I had had a large number of years so cost per year was low, but very very disalusioned.

I would not recommend any time share to anyone. Do not know what your contract says I owned two normal time shares and did not go with any of the "upgrade" options e.g. keys, I felt they were all "a rose by any other name"

I think you are right to get legal advice before you hand back and wish you the best of luck.

Reply to: Seasons Holidays Timeshare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted