We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

KL
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Hi all, my husband and I are facing a dilemma. We were tricked into signing up for Marriott Vacation Club. The reason I said tricked is because when they were pitching to us, they promise us so many things but when it came down to it, we were unable to use the holiday. We've been paying for Marriott fee for the last 2 years but not once have we able to use any points. Everytime we call to enquire about booking, its always full. Once I call to ask for their advice on using my points, nobody wanted to help me..:( Infact, we emailed the lady who sold us the membership, she never replied. During signing, she mention that if we have any problems at all, we can always contact her...again...promises...!!

I think after 2 years of paying, we just want to cancel the membership but we don't know the process. Anybody has done this before?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thank you thank you in advance for your help!!!

130 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,743 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

What does your written agreement say about this?

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,293 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Go on a waiting list call customer service look for the number

3. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, October 26, 2011

Level Contributor
1 post
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

I think you can sell your time share points. We purchased points last December. In May we went to Paris, we called in March to arrange/reserve the week. We are going to Orlando in December, and Hilton Head. We made our arrangements in August for our December trips. How far in advance due you try to reserve? You should be assigned a vacation planner. I would call again and try to speak to your assigned person. If they arent helpful speak to their supervisor.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Best to read the comments in the other Marriott post

I have bumped it up so it is easy to find.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Hi Barbexpat -- I've seen your comment that you have "bumped it up" several times but don't know what that means. I would be very interested in your thoughts/replies to various posts but don't know how to fing them.

Thanks very much!

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Hi! I only need a short answer:

Did you manage to find an answer, that is, a way to cancel your membership?

Best regards,

Robin

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Hi! I only need a short answer:

Did you manage to find an answer, that is, a way to cancel your membership?

Best regards,

Robin

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
606 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

To cancel any timeshare/membership, as long as you do not owe any money on the initial purchase, just stop paying the annual/monthly fees. They will tell you that you cannot do this and threaten to sue you but there is nothing they can do but make threats. If you ignore them they will eventually leave you alone.

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club

Thanks a lot but the trouble is that we got this loan from Marriott @ 12% to to finance the initial purchase which we haven't started repaying yet, the first installment being due soon. Now we received club dues, too, that amount to over 600 quidquid and the whole thing costs a bit too much forva week's holiday (actually accommodation only, ridiculous).

What I wonder is before we haven't started paying, can we get out of it by offering to pay them interest incurred so far. We haven't booked anything or done anything with them yet.

This is very distressing so your advice will be highly appreciated!

Edited: 3:01 pm, February 11, 2013
Reply to: Advice on Cancelling my Marriott Vacation Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted