We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

I received a call from this company about selling and/or renting our timeshare at the Pelican Resort in St. Maarten. Has anyone heard of this company VPM (Vacation Property Marketing)? We would very much like to sell our timeshare but don't want to get caught up in a scam...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Do you know the Timeshare Users Group ( TUG) Forum? There are several posts there from people claiming to have been scammed by this firm- and one posted the fine print of their contract which seems to show some sneaky language.. I'd steer clear- or at least go over to TUG and read what others claimed. I think it's Timeshareusersgroup.com

We don't own a timeshare but have friends who get good advice from TUG.

Many posters there belive this is a reincarnation of a shady business with a similar sort of name that took lots of up front payments from people , did nothing to sell the timeshares and then disappeared with all the funds.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

I'm too sleepy- gave you the wrong URL for TUG- try

http://tugbbs.com/forums/

Sorry!

They also have a section on how to sell your timeshare without getting scammed.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Thank you for your response! Ironically, right after I posted this inquiry I stumbled onto the TUG forums while searching around the web... Seems like a terrific resource.

I figured the VPM people were most likely an "upfront listing fee then never to be heard from again" type place, but hoping it might have been legitimate. I spoke to them on the phone and they claimed there were "corporate interests in buying my timeshare for no less than $15,000 guaranteed". At least there was no pressure - just told me to check out their website and call them back if I was interested. Whatever, once you pay them up front what incentive do they have to do anything more...

I'll research the TUG site and formulate a plan.

4. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:48 am, November 08, 2010
Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Have you done a Google search for 'vacation property marketing complaints'? There are many complaints against this company. Check the BBB files online. Also the BBB has a guideline for checking out timeshare resellers.

Henderson, NV
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Be ware. I also was contacted. They want upfront payment and refuse to entertain taking their fee out of the sale or rent. I am of the opinion that once the upfront fee is paid that would be the last heard from this group.

Arizona City...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

I had a problem with this rental company too, its ridiculous they ask for an upfront fee, and seems too sketchy to me.. I went online and looked them up and found a load of negative comments about them, I also did run into this article about Rental Companies which I invite you all to read it

timesharescam.com/timeshare-cancel/timeshare…

might give you a different perspective about this companies.

Wish you the best.

Chicago
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Sorry but I don't know about them and never heard of them. You're right, though. Careful with the scams.

Everett, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

Has anyone rented a condo through them or anyone else successfully?

10. Re: Has anyone heard of www.onlinevpm.com? (timeshare reseller)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, January 25, 2012