We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tranquility Travel Vacations???

Colorado Springs...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tranquility Travel Vacations???

Anybody join this group? Went to "the seminar" and wife got excited enough to get me to agree to buy-in. Not too bad because it was evidently a "resell". This was just a couple of days ago and haven't had time yet to try it out. Are these things worth the out-lay? Way less expensive than Timeshare purchases it seems, but I do expect some hidden costs coming my way when we go to use it... Anybody familiar with this organization?

They do have a website, but liimited info until you get the userID and password (you get those after your check and/or credit card clears).... Sounds good, buy papppy always told me, "too good to be true is usally the real truth"

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

I had a look on their website and if I have the company correct it appears to be a travel company which is able to offer timeshare resort units at a discounted rate. I didnt see any units for sale but then I only had a brief look. If they are selling cheap resale units then what you have bought may have been a cheap resale timeshare unit. If this is the case check out the website of the "resort" you have bought into. This should clarify the matter.

There is a plethora of resale timeshare units on the market , some for as cheap as a $1 and some are free to a good home such is the desire of some people to get out of timeshare. If the what you have bought is a timeshare unit and you are happy with the unit and the price you paid then make the most of it. Be advised though is that you are going to have annual maintenance fees to pay each year and you will be responsible for same until you get rid of the unit.

It appears to me that you may have been suckered in by a typical slick timeshare presentation whereby the buyer can only see the the positives and ignores the negatives. This is a well known method of selling timeshare world over and it works very effectively. If I am wrong then no harm done and treat this as a warning to others.

Please let us know what you have gleaned since your purchase

The website of the company I checked is:

http://tranquilitytravelvacations.info/

Edited: 11:53 pm, May 01, 2010
Colorado Springs...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

The more I look at all the paperwork the more I think I figgered it out...

Looks like what I bought was a license for proprietary software that lists the weekly costs for renting condo (excluding air fares) and/or vacation packages to various hotels (including air fares). When booking online, it looks like it goes to an agent who arranges the vacation.... I got the userid and password today and looked over some farily cool places to go and the rental rates appeared pretty good. I've never rented a condo for vacation before (hotels only) so I don't really know if the prices listed are really a savings or not.. Most show in the $299 - $599 per week (condos exculding air fare)... Can't go anywhere yet, lol, but will book a trip in June for Aug/Sept time frame. I'll post my "experience" and let ya'll know if the plan is as advertised...

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

What did you pay for the software?

Waialua, Hawaii
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

I looked into it a while ago when I was looking for some kind of travel club type thing. I got turned off of the time-shares because once you buy into a time-share, you now have yearly maintenance fees that can be close to 1,000 a year and sometimes more. If you are unable to pay the fees, you can lose your time-share. I decided to go away from time-shares. The tranquility travel just gives you prices for available timeshares. I didn't see a point in paying a fee to be able to look at available timeshares. It really just makes things a little easier by consolidating all the information. I'm curious to see how it turns out for you. I ended joining in a travel club where they just plan out hundreds of vacations a year and I can just pick from the ones they have planned out. It's great for people that don't really care where they go, and just want to go somewhere. There are some great trips planned for september time frame.

Colorado Springs...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

An update.... booked a 8 day vacation to Maui in a condo located on the Kaanapaulli golf course, just a fairway accross to the beach near the Kaanapaulli Sheraton Hotel/Resort. Total cost was $2300 (airfare, fees, etc.).

So far, it looks legit... will know more in Aug.. Wife bought the plan hook and sinker, and me being a wuss paid... sigh... I'm still skeptical, but that's my nature. If this works out as scheduled, will try Tahiti in winter. I'll keep ya'll posted, especially if this turns out to be a scam...

portland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

This is a comment and a question of anyone familiar with this program. We went to the seminar with the intention of just getting the free trip to Vegas. My husband and i were not about to get snookered into anything. We did end up joining after I played a hard sell and got the initial fees dropped dramatically. We also can put 4 'family' members on the account and they get all the benefits that we do and don't have to travel with us. I figure i can have them pay me $600 to be on our account and that would cover the entire initiation fee. Then my husband and I would pay the $315/yr annual fee. Anyone who travels with us gets our rates too.

I have signed up but haven't approved the credit card authorization yet.

The timeshare aspect of this is only one side. (you can reserve timeshare units for a lower cost and no maintenance fees, so they say. but we don't really care about that) What we want to use are the vacation discounts.

Does anyone see any concern about the discounts on vacations? Like going to Vegas for a weekend. Or a vacation to Austrailia, not a week in a timeshare unit but various hotels around the country. I am going to search for prices for similar trips online today and call to get their prices, for comparison. But does anyone know any reason that we should be concerned? As i see it, its only costing my husband and I $315/yr since our 4 'families' on the account will cover the initial fees.

Thanks,

portland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

In addition, if Tranquility Travel is a scam, as some suggest, why do I not find more complaints online. Most of the results on my searches take me to pages that don't actually list Tranquility Travel. Complaints Board.com for example comes up in a search of TT complaints but if you search the site, it doesn't list TT.

I'm starting to think this may be a good deal, for the reduced sign in that i negotiated. I'm still researching though.

PA
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

I just got back from a presentation and am convinced that this is a shady organization. The presenter was rude and managed to insult every ethnicity possible. Every time my wife and I tried to find out information about the company using our Blackberries, we were yelled at! In the "negotiation" period we got the guy to go from $8,995 to $1,000. What a scam. We walked and tore up our "free gift" as that wasn't what was promised either.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

i'll be curious to know more from those of you who signed up. i went to the presentation last week and would sure love to believe that this voucher for a vacation was worth the effort -- but some more background before i send in the deposit would make me feel better.

Edited: 8:26 pm, August 04, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tranquility Travel Vacations???

i'll be curious to know more from those of you who signed up. i went to the presentation last week and would sure love to believe that this voucher for a vacation was worth the effort -- but some more background before i send in the deposit would make me feel better.