We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diamond Resorts?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Diamond Resorts?

OK everyone, our timeshare, which was originally owned by Epic (which went bankrupt!), then was purchased by Sunterra, has just recently been purchased by Diamond Resorts (all within the last three years!) - does anyone know anything about this company? It's completely new to me! Thanks!

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diamond Resorts?

Diamond is a quality resort management company...both hotels, T/Ss and some fractionals. As you are probably aware, Sunterra had serious financial problems several years ago, (before Epic).

Here is a short article:

www.hotelinteractive.com/index.asp…

If you own the resort you are talking about, then Diamond doesn't own it. They are contracted by your HOA to manage it....or that is they probably contracted Sunterra. (Unless its been converted to points...which Sunterra did in most places.

There is a short discussion on Diamond refusing to take reservations at some resorts that were Sunterra on the tubbbs under points.

But that place is not managed by Sunterrs, rather Trading Places, and I gues Sunterra had purchased a few units there for their menbers to use...but they can't now.

Another example is a VRI resort in Ft Lauderdale...which also had several units owned by Sunterra for members (Ft Laud BEach Resort/Breakers/Sunterra)

Actually, i don't think you need to worry about the new company. Sunterra was bought out by them, and I think many that were with Sunterra are now with Diamond

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diamond Resorts?

Thanks for all the info Ken - we are actually a deeded owner (we didn't buy into the points a few years ago when Sunterrra took over), so I'm not going to worry. Hopefully we won't have any problems with the booking either (already booked for this year) - the same reservation agent has been at the resort for 10 years, so we've always booked personally through her.

3. Re: Diamond Resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 03, 2009