We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Bay ???'s

New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Summer Bay ???'s

My husband and I did the "mini vacation" with summer bay and also bought a vacation package. I have heard a bit of negative about them but we figured we go through it anyway, what better way to have a cheap "adventure". I was wondering if anyone had done something similar with them. Where did you go for the "mini vacation"? How was the vacation package, where did you stay? Any info would be helpful. I'd like to get info before I call and reserve anything with them since you probably have to make a final decision right then and there with them. Thanks in advance for the any help or advice!

Elaine

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Bay ???'s

When I visited the SCAM site www.scam.com I saw entire section trlated to the Summer Bay 'scam'.

But when I go to the T/S websites like tug or forums, I don't see many complaints.

Of course, the folks reading those sites have been conditioned to never buy from a developer...and Summer Bay units (even the houses) have been seen selling for less than $500.00 a week (at times) on the e bay site.

The Fairfield / Wyndham group of T/S also seem to have a package thet might be like the Summer Bay package. For a set fee....the first set fee is negotiable, and goes down to about $1000 gives you several weeks of vacation at any Fairfield as a VIP.....of course that only where and when they have room.....and sometimes it is hard to find a week somewhere & when you want to go.

You will get over 30,000 T/S owners registed at the tug site...they may have a reply within minutes. Post on the Florida forums, if thats where the units are. Also, be prepared to recind the purchase. You will only have about a week. and you must NO Phone in to recind...you must follow the directions, at that usually includes only US Mail.....so, sent the letter US Mail certified with a retrun receipt.

These people ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS, so they will do everything in their power to get you to do it wrong. No recourse after the recind period...

2. Re: Summer Bay ???'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 20, 2009