We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.
All reviews horseradish ice cream ribs pasta beef carpaccio sashimi taglierini mash cod prawns small restaurant black butter lovely lady lovely little restaurant great chef an interesting menu front of house home made
- small but varied menu
- over seasoned - far too much salt
- no children’s menu (and in our view not overly child friendly) => we would strongly advise restaurant to flag this if pre-booking with children
- we felt...on back foot initially by front of house via a frosty reception as one of our party couldn’t attend at very late notice (albeit 4 of 5 were in attendance).
- this did thaw and overall service was friendly and attentive
- small intimate restaurant, traditional decor.
- kitchen is only a few metres away from each table - this is usually a plus as the aroma of the food and openness makes you feel you are being delivered honest, fresh food. Perhaps it was the evening we visited however our clothes smelt of cooking oil when we returned home. Reminded me a bit of a greasy cafe smell.
WOULD WE RETURN - probably not. Contrary to Tripadvisor this is not the #10 best restaurant on the island. We went to many lower rated restaurants where the food was of a much higher standard, whilst price was similar (Cheffins, Samphire, Mark Jordan to name a few). We also visited Tides close to Bracewells, and whilst a different setting/concept, felt the overall experience was much better.More
Date of visit: August 2020
MaryM445, Owner at Bracewell's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago
“Honest Reply for Families with Young Children”:
The menu is shown on our website. We suggest checking suitable options for your children before booking. If you see food that may suit your children, but you wish the Chef to make a few changes,...More
Unassuming restaurant tucked up a side street in St Aubin which can be easily overlooked but should not be.
Looks a bit like a cafe from the outside but small and cosy on the in.
Passed it many times before while visiting Jersey, but that...was my loss.
Excellent service and some of the best food on the Island.
Definitely going to become a regular hereMore
Three of us came here for an impromptu meal, as I had to visit a near-by establishment and we thought,"Why not?"
A very pleasant meal ensued. Not a huge menu, but plenty of choice. All the food we had was delicious! They do some excellent...homemade ice-creams in unusual flavours as well as the more mundane.
What a wonderful evening! From the moment we entered and were greeted by Mary, to the moment we settled up and left it was perfect. The menu is simple and varied. The ambience is calm and pleasant. The service is friendly and helpful. But the...food: absolutely magic.More