We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The guy that works there is very nice, and very accomodating. He lets you know if something is is taking a little longer than normal. The food is great, we have never had one thing subpar. It is clean and well kept. Portion size is...about average.More
The hostess told me the owner's name was Alice. The shrimp fried rice was very good and I intend to be back for more. I didn't stay and took my order back to work, where I consumed it. I enjoyed it, while I watched Alice's...Restaurant on YouTube.More
I stopped in here for a quick lunch to take back to the office and eat at my desk. I was pleasantly surprised at their large menu, and even more surprised when I received soup and chicken wing as appetizers for carryout. I ordered my...favorite, Shrimp with Lobster Sauce, and it was very tasty. I told my husband about this place and we will certainly come here for dinner. They have all the typical Chinese meals. There are several booths and tables. The servers are knowledgeable, quick and very friendly. I do recommend this restaurant, and can't wait to go again.More
I'm very picky about most food but especially Chinese (lots of food sensitivities). However, after my husband tried this place for lunch recently, he convinced me to try it - and I'm so glad I did! We've been several times since, and it's our new...go-to place!
THE FOOD - So far, we've tried:
- Wanton soup (clear broth with excellent seasoning, two big wantons and a shrimp, Julienne carrots (will upload pictures once I figure out how!) served in a rice bowl as soup bowl. Really lovely.
- Egg Drop soup - my husband's favorite - he said he'd go there just for the soup, even if the rest of the menu weren't this good!
- Crab Rangoon - OMG, DELICIOUS - light, fresh taste - I usually steer clear of these kinds of items at other restaurants because I react to the fake crab meat often used - not here. I LOVE THESE!
- Kung Pao chicken - just-right sauce and well-prepared chicken, peppers, etc. Again, a favorite of my husband's, but I liked it, too!
- Jalapeno chicken - Asian fusion at it's finest. This was excellent!
- Lemon chicken - a personal favorite, but only if it's done right - and this one is - the perfect combination of tart and sweet, served over a bed of crispy-fresh cabbage with rice. YUM!
- Spring rolls - egg rolls are vegetarian here, so we sprang for the chicken spring rolls, which are great with the fabulous duck sauce they serve.
- Hot tea - they serve both green or black tea - only had the green (not sure what kind) so far, which is pretty standard green tea. Will try the black tea next.
For both the quantity and quality, you can't beat this place! When we went the first time and I saw the prices, then saw the very generous portions, I thought, there's no way this food is going to be good. Boy, was I wrong! I'm still amazed that they can serve this much food that is this good at these low prices.
- This is a family owned and operated place. The owners' college-age son is the waiter, parents in the back cooking. So, in addition to helping support a local business, I'm now selfishly helping to keep in business a place where I love to eat!
- The restaurant is in a small strip center on the perimeter of the local Oakwood Wal-Mart/Sam's and across the street from a local college campus (U. of N. GA and Lanier Tech. College Gainesville campuses).
- Although the décor is simple but serviceable, the entire restaurant is very CLEAN! Even the restroom is spotless, which makes me feel very good about the condition of the kitchen!
- The restaurant is not a rush in-rush out kind of place, so if you're in a hurry, you may want to call ahead or order online. However, despite just the one waiter, the next course comes quickly once you're done with that course, and is hot when served.
TAKE OUT, BUT NO DELIVERY
- There is a semi-steady stream of people picking up orders, but if they had delivery, especially being across the street from a college campus, they'd blow anyone else out of the water (there are two other nearby Chinese restaurants - one more expensive and "nicer" inside, but with food not nearly this good, and an inexpensive, fast food-type one, both of which do deliver)!
- It's delicious, well-presented, and thoroughly enjoyable. Everything seems to be - and tastes - made fresh and not from a box or mix, and with no preservatives or other chemicals. You don't get food like this at just any Chinese restaurant, especially this good with such generous portions for such a great price. I'd make a special trip for this place - and you should, too!More
Date of visit: August 2016
View more reviews
Best nearbyWe rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location.