We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The latest reviews. The lowest prices. The perfect place to shop for hotels.

La Cooperative

Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Get directions
46 An Duong, Tay Ho, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
Name/address in local language
More Info
Add Photo Write a Review

7 Reviews from our TripAdvisor Community

Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Showing 5: English reviews
Level Contributor
322 reviews
247 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Used to be a great place, not anymore: went here a few times a few years ago and loved the ambiance and quality. All that has gone or it was a very very bad day. Even the place that has a real charm now looks worn down and dirty. Will not go back.

Thank Je I
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
47 reviews
29 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2016

The restaurant is now on 81 Xuan Dieu Street. New nice fashionable retro look, reminding you of the Bookworm. The drinks are ok, service is nice. The food - at least the dished we had chosen - is bad. It is expensive, so you think you must get something good, but it is not. We had a chicken dish among... More 

Thank FindinVietnam
Haberfield, Australia
Level Contributor
27 reviews
15 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2015 via mobile

Across the main road and round the corner, we circled and circles looking for this place but we're relieved to find it and enjoy a cool beer in an unnecessarily trendy setup for a food coop. We weren't quite game enough to try the food but thoroughly enjoyed sitting for a drink!

Thank Steph859
San Francisco, California
Level Contributor
9 reviews
5 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Typical restaurants in Hanoi that tourists like me go to tend to go a few directions: upscale and swanky (Bobby Chin), just another tourist joint (90% of the places in Old Quarters), look at me I'm at a kind of shabby local place (the other 10% of Old Quarters restaurants). This place is something different. It's modern, but still distinctly... More 

Thank Esther T
Taoyuan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
6 reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Did not match my expectations at all. Over price, no specialized cuisine, unhelpful staff. I had to sign three times to order food, and fruit juice is awful! Totally not recommend

Thank GiangKoy

Travelers who viewed La Cooperative also viewed


Been to La Cooperative? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing
Improve this listing

Restaurant Details

Rating summary
  • Food
    2.5 of 5 bubbles
    3.5 of 5 bubbles
  • Value
    2.5 of 5 bubbles
    2 of 5 bubbles
Location and Contact Information
  • Address: 46 An Duong, Tay Ho, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
  • Location: Asia  >  Vietnam  >  Hanoi
Very favorably reviewed in the New York Times

Questions & Answers

Questions? Get answers from La Cooperative staff and past visitors.
Posting guidelines
Typical questions asked:
  • Do you have gluten-free options?
  • Is there a dress code?
  • Do you allow dogs on the outdoor patio?